XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problems downgrading from 4.3

Tip us?

scorey03
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Problems downgrading from 4.3

Hello! I have been flashing roms/kernels for awhile now. I have tried probably 12-15 different roms and beanstalk has been my favorite for awhile now.

Anyway, i decided to revert back to stock so i could update and try stock 4.3. First thing i did was flash stock 4.1.1(i think thats what version it was) firmware with odin. Everything went fine and phone booted up and worked perfectly. So i proceeded to update via software update in the settings menu. My phone updated flawlessly and before i knew it i was on stock unrooted 4.3. Needless to say I did not like the changes, so i decided to go back to the older version.

So, i flashed the stock 4.1.1 firmware with odin again and it was a pass. I then tried to turn my phone back on and it would hang at the samsung logo. So i figured i would restore my old beanstalk backup. I tried to restore it and there was an error. So i rebooted my phone and it hanged on the samsung logo again, only this time there is that little blue cyanogenmod guy there like it used to be when i was running beanstalk. I tried flashing different stock firmwares and now they all fail with odin. I rebooted into recovery and did a data wipe many times and i still cannot boot or flash anything with odin.

I can still get into cwm recovery and download mode. Im thinking that the older stock rom i flashed caused problems because i was on 4.3. Something wrong with the bootloader maybe?

Any help or advice to get this fixed would be great. I still feel there is hope because i can reboot into recovery and download mode.

scorey03
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
well nvm, my phone is really screwed now. I read another post and it said to flash a boot image file. I flashed the file and tried to reboot and now the phone wont come on and i cant get into recovery or download mode. =-( now i officially have a paper weight

Walknmemfs
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default be there... done that

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorey03 View Post
Hello! I have been flashing roms/kernels for awhile now. I have tried probably 12-15 different roms and beanstalk has been my favorite for awhile now.

Anyway, i decided to revert back to stock so i could update and try stock 4.3. First thing i did was flash stock 4.1.1(i think thats what version it was) firmware with odin. Everything went fine and phone booted up and worked perfectly. So i proceeded to update via software update in the settings menu. My phone updated flawlessly and before i knew it i was on stock unrooted 4.3. Needless to say I did not like the changes, so i decided to go back to the older version.

So, i flashed the stock 4.1.1 firmware with odin again and it was a pass. I then tried to turn my phone back on and it would hang at the samsung logo. So i figured i would restore my old beanstalk backup. I tried to restore it and there was an error. So i rebooted my phone and it hanged on the samsung logo again, only this time there is that little blue cyanogenmod guSD there like it used to be when i was running beanstalk. I tried flashing different stock firmwares and now they all fail with odin. I rebooted into recovery and did a data wipe many times and i still cannot boot or flash anything with odin.

I can still get into cwm recovery and download mode. Im thinking that the older stock rom i flashed caused problems because i was on 4.3. Something wrong with the bootloader maybe?

Any help or advice to get this fixed would be great. I still feel there is hope because i can reboot into recovery and download mode.
I would first download a fresh version of a rom and the corresponding version of GAPPs and on your computer. Transfer you files onto you misco SD card via the SD card slot on the computer. Boot your phone into recovery and flash them from the /sdcard1 option. Should flash successfully. Then reboot. I always keep spare ROM versions on my removable card for such emergencies. Also, keep a current ROMbackup there as well. Good luck.

scorey03
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walknmemfs View Post
I would first download a fresh version of a rom and the corresponding version of GAPPs and on your computer. Transfer you files onto you misco SD card via the SD card slot on the computer. Boot your phone into recovery and flash them from the /sdcard1 option. Should flash successfully. Then reboot. I always keep spare ROM versions on my removable card for such emergencies. Also, keep a current ROMbackup there as well. Good luck.
i tried doing this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2549068

but thats not working either. cant get the phone to do anything. wont come on in download mode, recovery...wont come on at all.

xjunior
Old
(Last edited by xjunior; 15th December 2013 at 03:00 PM.) Reason: updated
Thanks Meter 0
Default debrick

Quote:
i tried doing this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2549068

but thats not working either. cant get the phone to do anything. wont come on in download mode, recovery...wont come on at all.

hey try another debrick image if you want i can email the one the worked for me,after going in download mode flash cyanogenmod 11 forget about downgrade or stock 4.3 you are stuck just like me your phone wont reboot without the sd card so you gona have to flash modem and bootloader manually here is wher to get it bootloader = http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291681451 modem= http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291681456 put both zip files in the internal storage rebot to recovery remove debrick sd card then flash both zip files wipe cache and dalvin and try to reboot it worked for me .

scorey03
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjunior View Post
hey try another debrick image if you want i can email the one the worked for me,after going in download mode flash cyanogenmod 11 forget about downgrade or stock 4.3 you are stuck just like me your phone wont reboot without the sd card so you gona have to flash modem and bootloader manually here is wher to get it bootloader = http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291681451 modem= http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291681456 put both zip files in the internal storage rebot to recovery remove debrick sd card then flash both zip files wipe cache and dalvin and try to reboot it worked for me .

i've tried 3 different debrick images and still cant get the phone to go into download mode. and yes i would appreciate it if you could send me the one that worked for you. thanks man

xjunior
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default image

Quote:
i've tried 3 different debrick images and still cant get the phone to go into download mode. and yes i would appreciate it if you could send me the one that worked for you. thanks man
download the image here and unzip it then burn with win32diskimager , drive.google.com/file/d/0B4b7I4izs-CwdWFUdFQ2YTNZSU0/edit?usp=sharing remove the battery put it back hold home power and volume down at the same time .

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote:
assuming you have the at@t galaxy s3
download the image here and unzip it then burn with win32diskimager , drive.google.com/file/d/0B4b7I4izs-CwdWFUdFQ2YTNZSU0/edit?usp=sharing remove the battery put it back hold home power and volume down at the same time .it wont work for other models at@t only but the process is the same only need to find the right file for your phone.

scorey03
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
that one didnt work either

indymx
Old
Thanks Meter 110

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
that one didnt work either
It's kind of been a known issue since the day the OTA came out that downgrading the bootloader from the one that comes with 4.3 will hard brick your device. No known fix.