5,597,007 Members 48,269 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A2DP from windows mobile 6 to hearing aids?

Tip us?

caid602
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default A2DP from windows mobile 6 to hearing aids?

Hi!

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, so if I am wring, please let me know where to post it.

I would like to use my older smartphone (an HTC touch diamond 1) as an mp3 player for my daughter. She has hearing aids capable of using bluetooth, the device actually receiving bluetooth is known as "Oticon Streamer".
I tried installing A2DP toggler, the program seems to work in general (I can connect to the Oticon Streamer, it is recognized as bluetooth headset, I can only switch A2DP on while streamer is actually on and connected), but eventually it does not work: sound comes always and only through the speakers. For playing music (mostly mp3) I am using mort player.

Do I need special software for playing music files when I want to send them to A2DP or is there something I could try to make it working?

Any ideas are appreciated! Thanks!

kjliew
Old
Thanks Meter 10
You don't need any 3rd-party add-on/SW to get bluetooth working for A2DP. The MS bluetooth stack on WM6.1 on HTC diamond1 should have everything you need. I have the same HTC phone and I also use BT stereo headsets which supports A2DP. Just pair the hearing aids if it supports A2DP.