5,600,335 Members 35,021 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: if you found a new kindle fire 8.9" on the side of the road would you keep it or retu
keep 4 44.44%
return 5 55.56%
other 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] kindle fire 8.9" Nov. release start up pin 3 reset or work around hack

Tip us?

bdh69691
Old
(Last edited by bdh69691; 19th December 2013 at 08:54 AM.) Reason: left out the HDX
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] kindle fire 8.9" Nov. release start up pin 3 reset or work around hack

My friend found a new kindle fire 8.9" HDX on the road side is there a way to get into it to find the owner or reset the start up pin lock to access is there a reward for turning in a found unit ? I know there is one troubled person out there who lost it and would most likely be surprised to get it back any suggestions would be greatly appreciated at the losers end .

Zeblade
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdh69691 View Post
My friend found a new kindle fire 8.9" on the road side is there a way to get into it to find the owner or reset the start up pin lock to access is there a reward for turning in a found unit ? I know there is one troubled person out there who lost it and would most likely be surprised to get it back any suggestions would be greatly appreciated at the losers end .
Maybe contact Amazon. I always look at life as.. what if it was me what would I want.. thats how I live.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zeblade For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bdh69691
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Amazon have a lost and found?

Thanks for your words of wisdom I agree !

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 500

DONATE TO ME
Well since you didn't ad hdx to end I can say if it's an HD you could wipe the user data from fastboot, I believe that would fix the password issue, at least from there you could actually obtain the serial number and such to report see about amazon looking into it. If it's an hdx though I think that function is disabled in fastboot, maybe if adb is on, the device would report its serial number as the device Id in adb devices.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null
The Following User Says Thank You to stunts513 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]