Pebble worth it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5149701
  • Start date
Search This thread

eazyweazy3

Nov 13, 2007
Went to best buy today to purchase and said I couldn't use the $30 student discount on it. Only applies to the regular price of $150.

Lame.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

eazyweazy3

Nov 13, 2007
Take it back and order online.

When I try to order online I get this,

" Your order does not qualify for the promotional code entered. Please review the rules of the promotion. "

Which was why I went in-store and that didn't work either. Guess it was a sign not to spend $80 on myself before Christmas. :(

D

Deleted member 5149701

" Your order does not qualify for the promotional code entered. Please review the rules of the promotion. "

Which was why I went in-store and that didn't work either. Guess it was a sign not to spend $80 on myself before Christmas. :(

Strange, it was on 9to5toys and they said it works.

PsychDrummer

Nov 29, 2012

Yeah that is strange. I went on Monday and was able to get it. The guy actually was a little surprised it worked when he scanned it.

But to answer your question, I was questioning whether to keep it or not. I think if I bought it for 150, I wouldn't have kept it. But since I paid 90, I think it's pretty good. I like that there's a lot of development for it and apps seem to come out fairly often. I would def want to buy a better looking watch band though and make it a nice looking watch.

Last edited:

Grooby97

Oct 12, 2009
Yeah that is strange. I went on Monday and was able to get it. The guy actually was a little surprised it worked when he scanned it.

But to answer your question, I was questioning whether to keep it or not. I think if I bought it for 150, I wouldn't have kept it. But since I paid 90, I think it's pretty good. I like that there's a lot of development for it and apps seem to come out fairly often. I would def want to buy a better looking watch band though and make it a nice looking watch.

So the student discount is not stackable online nor in store; However, you can call best buy and order it through the phone. If you are lucky, the person you talk to will over ride and apply the $30 off. I did that last night and picked it up in store within 1 hour.

fatmaninc

Dec 11, 2010
Went to best buy today to purchase and said I couldn't use the $30 student discount on it. Only applies to the regular price of $150.

Lame.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

dude you can i did it yesterday, order it online and use the code. but first you have to clear all you history and cookies and then go to private window and do it from there.

seoulbrova

Oct 21, 2010
dude you can i did it yesterday, order it online and use the code. but first you have to clear all you history and cookies and then go to private window and do it from there.

It's dead...its been discussed thoroughly on slickdeals that it wont work.

I got a 2nd coupon to buy another one (1st one was purchased on Sunday with no problems) and the code wouldnt work. Multiple browsers, multiple laptops, nexus tablet, and a note 3. Couldnt check out with the code on any of them.

Code is still active as well because it says that it doesnt qualify for the promotion. When I use my original code, it says the code has been redeemed.

Best Buy has closed the loophole

Grooby97

Oct 12, 2009
It's dead...its been discussed thoroughly on slickdeals that it wont work.

I got a 2nd coupon to buy another one (1st one was purchased on Sunday with no problems) and the code wouldnt work. Multiple browsers, multiple laptops, nexus tablet, and a note 3. Couldnt check out with the code on any of them.

Code is still active as well because it says that it doesnt qualify for the promotion. When I use my original code, it says the code has been redeemed.

Best Buy has closed the loophole

i think best buy has closed the loop hole online but I think it's still possible if you call best buy. 1-888-237-8289. Just tell them that you have trouble applying a coupon code online and would like to purchase it through the phone. YMMV and maybe ordering late at night helps. (I was sitting at the best buy parking lot around 9:30PM PST, ordering through phone).

good luck!
:good:

mad_vtak

Aug 16, 2007
Memfrica
Yep I couldn't use the code online, called and ordered over phone. Picked up within the hour $79.99 + 6.00 tax. Win/win

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

ChrisBeeezy

Dec 19, 2013
I'm picking a jet black pebble up for Christmas with the student best buy discount, and if I do find myself using it a lot I'm going to deck it out with an onyx slick wrap and a good looking metal band.

Really wanted to post a youtube video to show what I'm talking about, but I'm new to the site. Looks great, though.

D

Deleted member 5149701

I'm picking a jet black pebble up for Christmas with the student best buy discount, and if I do find myself using it a lot I'm going to deck it out with an onyx slick wrap and a good looking metal band.

Really wanted to post a youtube video to show what I'm talking about, but I'm new to the site. Looks great, though.

This?

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is it ugly in person?

As standard, in my case in a black case (and I don't like the wraps), I thought it was better than I expected. I too just added a clear screen protector (XtremeGuard in my case)

For me it's the best compromise there is at the moment (always on, up to a week battery life). And to get notifications I don't miss and some detail on each notification is all I wanted from a smart watch.

Looks to me like the new standard price will fall to <$100 soon now...

In years to come you may also be happy to point to your Pebble as "old 2013 tech and the beginning of what folk though was going to be big at the time". And the Pebble is/was the most successful KickStarter project of its day. It will be something to talk about in the future, and you will have one - even if it's broken by then ;)
    What do you use to make the changes you mentioned (lock & sound) when your pebble goes out of range?

You can get the apps from the Play store. Pebble Locker and Pebble Autosilent.

iPhone 5S, LG G2, Razr Mini, Nokia 928, Blackberry Q10