XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to use S4 as wiimote.

Tip us?

Tiraniss
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Cool [Q] How to use S4 as wiimote.

How do I use my galaxy S4 with CyanogenMod 10.2 as a remote for my Wii to play games? I mainly want to play Mario Cart.

mIRChele
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiraniss View Post
How do I use my galaxy S4 with CyanogenMod 10.2 as a remote for my Wii to play games? I mainly want to play Mario Cart.
as far as I know, you can't use it since the wiimote is an ir receiver (it uses the light provided from the sensor bar to detect where it is pointing to), while the S4 has only an ir emitter. For the other functions (physical keys, accelerometers and so on) would be a problem too, since the wiimote has also an internal memory to store Miis, and it has to be virtually emulated too.

Tiraniss
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mIRChele View Post
as far as I know, you can't use it since the wiimote is an ir receiver (it uses the light provided from the sensor bar to detect where it is pointing to), while the S4 has only an ir emitter. For the other functions (physical keys, accelerometers and so on) would be a problem too, since the wiimote has also an internal memory to store Miis, and it has to be virtually emulated too.
Ah, I see. Thank you very much for enlightening me.