5,598,086 Members 42,546 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock ROM?

Tip us?
 
kevman8396
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 446
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default Stock ROM?

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. Does anyone know if there is a stock custom ROM being developed for this device? One that may remove all the unnecessary bloatware?
 
ASW1
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 186
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Staatsliedenbuurt
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevman8396 View Post
I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. Does anyone know if there is a stock custom ROM being developed for this device? One that may remove all the unnecessary bloatware?
There is.
Look in the "G Pad 8.3 Original Android Development " section.
 
mustbepbs
Old
#3  
mustbepbs's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 290
Posts: 831
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
There is.
Look in the "G Pad 8.3 Original Android Development " section.
He means LGs stock software for this device but debloated.

Not yet it seems. Everyone is interested in either AOSP ROMs or getting the GPE to work on the v500s.
 
kevman8396
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 446
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustbepbs View Post
He means LGs stock software for this device but debloated.

Not yet it seems. Everyone is interested in either AOSP ROMs or getting the GPE to work on the v500s.
Yes that is what I mean. I don't see any ROMs yet like that
 
ASW1
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 186
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Staatsliedenbuurt
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustbepbs View Post
He means LGs stock software for this device but debloated.
Ah, like that.

I would be interested too yes.

(because there are a few functions that I would like to keep:
-knock on/knock off
-Qremote or any other remote app that will work with the IR blaster
-screen on/off with opening/closing magnetic case flap.)
 
kevman8396
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 446
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
Ah, like that.

I would be interested too yes.

(because there are a few functions that I would like to keep:
-knock on/knock off
-Qremote or any other remote app that will work with the IR blaster
-screen on/off with opening/closing magnetic case flap.)

I suppose I could just root the device and then use Titanium backup to uninstall the bloatware. However, stock custom ROMs usually have various tweaks to make the battery last longer and run smoother in general.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android Control Center Becomes Quick Control Panel, Brings Host of New Features

You may recall that back in August of last year, we talked … more

Polish Your Custom Themes with Theme Debugger

Creating a custom Android theme from scratch can be quite the laborious task. In addition to … more

Clean Up Your Logcat Code with Lib Cleaner

Some of you may think that writing code is the hardest part of development. It’s not, as the … more

Tweak Your Xperia Device’s Camera App Yourself

We’ve come to expect nearly perfect cameraperformancein our modern day … more