5,597,871 Members 38,500 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Mark mail as Read from the lockscreen ?

Tip us?

iautran
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Mark mail as Read from the lockscreen ?

Hi,

is there an easy way on Android 4.3 (or with an application), to have a 2-3 lines preview of mail received and mark it as read from the lockscreen ?

I receive many emails during the day and it is too fastidious to have to unlock the phone, go to the mail application and mark mail as read.

I have tried NiLS and Dashlock but it doesn't do this.

Thank you

GermainZ
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3859
You're looking for an application that supports this. I don't know any, but some allow you to mark the email as read from the notification, you could just drag down the notification bar. If you can't do that (lockscreen security), there's an Xposed module that allows you to see the notification panel even when the phone is locked.
Also, FN (there may be other similar apps) can show you notification bubbles on the lockscreen, and allows you to choose quick actions.
The Following User Says Thank You to GermainZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iautran
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermainZ View Post
You're looking for an application that supports this. I don't know any, but some allow you to mark the email as read from the notification, you could just drag down the notification bar. If you can't do that (lockscreen security), there's an Xposed module that allows you to see the notification panel even when the phone is locked.
Also, FN (there may be other similar apps) can show you notification bubbles on the lockscreen, and allows you to choose quick actions.
Thank you for your answer.
Which application can let me mark an email as read from the notification bar please ? (that should be a great solution if, by swaping, I can mark mail as read.

Thanks

GermainZ
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3859
Quote:
Originally Posted by iautran View Post
Thank you for your answer.
Which application can let me mark an email as read from the notification bar please ? (that should be a great solution if, by swaping, I can mark mail as read.

Thanks
CloudMagic is the most recent one I've used that does (no swapping, you just press a "Mark Read" button in the notification).

iautran
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermainZ View Post
CloudMagic is the most recent one I've used that does (no swapping, you just press a "Mark Read" button in the notification).
Oh you don't know an app that modifies the notification center without having to use a third party mail application ?
I really dont like to use a third party mail app as many time, it acts like a proxy and can have a copy of your inbox or your password.

Thank you

GermainZ
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3859
Quote:
Originally Posted by iautran View Post
Oh you don't know an app that modifies the notification center without having to use a third party mail application ?
I really dont like to use a third party mail app as many time, it acts like a proxy and can have a copy of your inbox or your password.

Thank you
No, the application would have to support it itself, nothing to do with the "notification center".