5,603,729 Members 37,863 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is there any AOSP ROM for the n95005? and why not?

Tip us?

liam.ire
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Is there any AOSP ROM for the n95005? and why not?

Just wondering is there any fully stock/vanilla roms for the note 3?

I've seen people on this forum in the past on custom ROM threads saying they hate Samsung and devs wont supply vanilla roms, I don't understand why? is it because of the bootloader or something?

I would love to use my Note 3 on a purely stock rom, something like the google play edition S4.

Any help greatly apprectiated, thanks

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by liam.ire View Post
Just wondering is there any fully stock/vanilla roms for the note 3?

I've seen people on this forum in the past on custom ROM threads saying they hate Samsung and devs wont supply vanilla roms, I don't understand why? is it because of the bootloader or something?

I would love to use my Note 3 on a purely stock rom, something like the google play edition S4.

Any help greatly apprectiated, thanks
No none at the moment, don't know why
if i helped hit the Thanks Button

liam.ire
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut View Post
No none at the moment, don't know why
Bizzare isn't it?? espcially on XDA I would have expected more Note 3 users and devs to want a fully stock experience, given the hardcore specs on the phone im sure with a particular kernel the stock/vanilla experience would give some great battery life too.

I use NOVA with Xposed for a tweaked custom feel, but its on top of touchwiz. I'd like the google play edition feel.

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by liam.ire View Post
Bizzare isn't it?? espcially on XDA I would have expected more Note 3 users and devs to want a fully stock experience, given the hardcore specs on the phone im sure with a particular kernel the stock/vanilla experience would give some great battery life too.

I use NOVA with Xposed for a tweaked custom feel, but its on top of touchwiz. I'd like the google play edition feel.
You could try kitkat launcher
if i helped hit the Thanks Button

liam.ire
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut View Post
You could try kitkat launcher
Thanks, yeah I've used it before but effectively its the same as running a launcher on top of touchwiz (also kitkat launcher has far less feautures compared to Nova)

C'mon devs surely someone would love a stock android experience on a beast like the Note 3?!
Tags
google edition, stock, vanilla