XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] One XL or One X+

Tip us?

MehmoodUlHassan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] One XL or One X+

Ok so I am confused over which one to buy. The X+ has faster 1.7 quad core but the nvidia chip whereas the XL has the amazing Qualcomm s4 one. Which one is best regarding gaming? The X+ has better battery storage etc but better gaming?

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4665

DONATE TO ME
You're asking a bunch of XL users which one to buy? You might get a slightly biased response here. Surely you don't need someone else to tell you how to spend a few hundred dollars. Personally I prefer Qualcomm chips. There's more development for the XL too. But in the end you're going to have to make the decision for yourself so this thread is a bit pointless.

Sent from my Evita
HTC Evita | KarbonKat 4.4.2 1.0-5
S-off | 2.14 | Modified TWRP 2.6.3
Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!

bzhmobile
Old
Thanks Meter 332
+1 with Qualcomm chips you can get S-off and more possiblity... One X+ is'nt a bad phone but....
HTC ONEX (Evita), Urdroid Sense5 ...
Hd2 , EU,Lk CLK 1.5.0.8 recovery EXT4, MiroBiala's Touchwizz 2.0 ...

For french HTC fans, visit the reference french forum : Génération Mobiles

johnnyp12321
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I upgraded from my evita to a one x+ and was disappointed to the point that I traded back too a evita in the first 5 days development was not very busy no official cm and the thing was a fire hot battery animal

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2587
The X+ is HTC's red-headed stepchild (um . . . no offense to red-headed stepchildren). A mid-year incremental upgrade to the One X, the X+ was sold in extremely low numbers, with little support from HTC or the development community. The X+ was condemned to obscurity form the start, to say the least. I'd stay far away, as the slight increase in CPU power is not worth the downsides.

That said, unless you are really strapped for cash, do you really want to spend your hard earned money on phones that are a year to a year and a half old? I'd consider a more current device, especially if you are worrying about gaming performance.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: HTC One X (AT&T version) Rooted, Bootloader Unlocked, S-Off

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (WiFi only) Rooted

Linux_Freq
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default One X over X+

Just acquired an X+ thru some linux PC work I performed. Used it for a week, back to my X. Def more custom roms & optimization support for the One X.