XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best Buy Pricematching AT&T $150 For GN3

Tip us?

dtien
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdevillier19 View Post
i called att on black friday (just like last year when i got my 2 s3 for $.01 each) and requested an upgrade. the rep on the phone told me i was unable to upgrade at the 1 year point and had to wait for another year till my contract expired. i told her i was able to upgrade the year before with no problems and the rep told me their policies had changed and the only way i could upgrade was to switch to the next program (not happening). so i told her if i had to wait till next year that i would cancel my service and go else where. she asked what phones i wanted and i told her i wanted the s4 for the wife and i was on the fence about the lg g2 and the note 3. she put me on hold and came back saying they would allow me to upgrade early and they would give me the s4 for $49 and the note 3 for $99. so after taxes and everything (free overnight shipping, no activation fees) i paid $165 for an s4 and note 3. then my little victory came crashing down after i logged in here to find i was getting a locked bootloader
That's a great deal for an amazing phablet aside from locked bootloader. We're hoping the awesome devs here will break thru tharlt barrier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

XiphoneUzer
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I got the Deal Of the Decade.

Note 3 $175
$100 bill credit (to be issued with 45 days)
Waived Upgrade Fee
Free Overnight Shipping
And ......... a Free Galaxy Gear smartwatch

That would mean I got the N3 for $75 .................................................. .......... but,

I just sold the Gear on Craig's List this afternoon for $240 bucks.

So I got the N3 for free, and put $165 in CASH straight into my xmas fund!
Holy crap, maybe the deal of the centry possibly?

aeo 37
Old
Thanks Meter 2
^^^awsome deal, wish I got that.

Sorry for the late reply, but for those of you that couldn't get it, just call again, it took me 3 calls. I just told them that I need to lower my monthly bill and I want the phone for $199. Didn't need to beat around the bush for me, straight to the point. And one of my lines was due for an upgrade.

Just got to be persistent. Good luck

FYI, Amazon has the phone for $199 with upgrade. Maybe mention that if you want. But it shouldn't matter

MMcCraryNJ
Old
Thanks Meter 139
Just letting you all know, Best Buy currently has the Note 3 for $149 for new lines, as well as the S4 for free (the promotion is for $50 off of the current sale price, so the Note 3 is listed at $199 and the S4 is 49.99). No haggling or price matching required. I set up a new Mobile Share plan on AT&T, ported over from Verizon, and got a Note 3 and S4 on contract for $160 out the door.
Previous devices:

T-Mobile G1 (HTC Dream)
Samsung Vibrant T-959 (Galaxy S)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi GT-P7510
Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-i515MSV
Google Nexus 7 16GB

Current devices:

AT&T Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A
ROM: Stock 4.3 NB4

Google Nexus 10 16GB
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 KOT49H

mrkhigh
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Just to be clear this is for new customers only?
Never made sense to me why people are promised the Moon until they are loyal customers...
I'd like my wife's note to actually be opened before the price drops from 300.... but if I can return it and rewrap it and pocket 100 more for Christmas that's okay too.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app

tihsad
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by XiphoneUzer View Post
I got the Deal Of the Decade.

Note 3 $175
$100 bill credit (to be issued with 45 days)
Waived Upgrade Fee
Free Overnight Shipping
And ......... a Free Galaxy Gear smartwatch

That would mean I got the N3 for $75 .................................................. .......... but,

I just sold the Gear on Craig's List this afternoon for $240 bucks.

So I got the N3 for free, and put $165 in CASH straight into my xmas fund!
Holy crap, maybe the deal of the centry possibly?
HOW???
If I can get that deal I'm In right now

XiphoneUzer
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tihsad View Post
HOW???
If I can get that deal I'm In right now

Took a lot of work, no one called up and handed it to me.

tihsad
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by XiphoneUzer View Post
Took a lot of work, no one called up and handed it to me.
strategy?

did you call att?

any notes on calling them and how to demand and get that kind of a price?

I currently have verizon galaxy nexus with unlimited data hooked up to my friends line for $50/month. contract ends in 2 weeks.

I have 6 lines with ATT for my family 10gb share and they only use like 4gb a month so if I join them for $30/month then I will be good for 5-6gb/month. I never went over 3gb/month with verizon all this time that I had UNLIMITED data. I really wanted to keep unlimited data with verizon and get the Note3 with them and pay $50/month with them but verizon won't let me keep the unlimited. the way around is I open a line with verizon and make a switch of phones and put dumb for the new opend line and pay $10/month then I will be paying $60/month to stay with Verizon to keep the unlimited data vs. $30/month with ATT with about 5-6gb/month.

I am debating but I know that I should go with ATT and save hundreds of $$ for next 2 years.

So Please help me and guide me to get some good deal like you