XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] T mobile signing up problem with Moto G

Tip us?

boconnor341
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] T mobile signing up problem with Moto G

When I decided on getting a Moto G (and N5) for my mom and I, I was planning on Solavei. BUT.. they decided to increase their prices, so I am looking at T Mobile now.

A few problems I am running into (with both phones)

1. Both phones are very new, so it is not an option to choose when signing up on their prepaid site. Do I just choose a different phone and throw the SIM in anyways? If so, which phone.. the Nexus 4?

2. There appears to be two options to sign up on T mobile with two lines. I would like to choose $70 and $30(after second line discount) plans for me and my mom, totaling $100 for the Moto G and N5. When I look to sign up this way, it wants to charge me for a SIM "starter kit". If I choose to use their prepaid site, (prepaid-phones.tmobile....), the SIM is free but there appears to be no family plan option, so there is no discount on the second line. Is there a way to get the best of both worlds? AKA, Can I get a free SIM and a discounted second line?

I realize this is not the N5 forum but information on both phones is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Voltaire302
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by boconnor341 View Post
When I decided on getting a Moto G (and N5) for my mom and I, I was planning on Solavei. BUT.. they decided to increase their prices, so I am looking at T Mobile now.

A few problems I am running into (with both phones)

1. Both phones are very new, so it is not an option to choose when signing up on their prepaid site. Do I just choose a different phone and throw the SIM in anyways? If so, which phone.. the Nexus 4?

2. There appears to be two options to sign up on T mobile with two lines. I would like to choose $70 and $30(after second line discount) plans for me and my mom, totaling $100 for the Moto G and N5. When I look to sign up this way, it wants to charge me for a SIM "starter kit". If I choose to use their prepaid site, (prepaid-phones.tmobile....), the SIM is free but there appears to be no family plan option, so there is no discount on the second line. Is there a way to get the best of both worlds? AKA, Can I get a free SIM and a discounted second line?

I realize this is not the N5 forum but information on both phones is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Get the prepaid starter kits from the website. Then if you take the phones into the store you should be able to get the discount as long as it isn't online only.

Paulzt
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Default Yes, you can set up over phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltaire302 View Post
Get the prepaid starter kits from the website. Then if you take the phones into the store you should be able to get the discount as long as it isn't online only.
Hi.. Like previously mentioned, order the sim kits from carrier on website, they waive activation fee if ordered online. When received, (make sure to order micro sim for Moto G) write down numbers from sim card and imei# separately, and call carier with info
They will correspond soon with imei #and assign phone number or port number, and reboot phone. They give it up to two hours but no need to leave home. I've done this with some Chinese phones that are not on their list and is been no problem. good luck... Paul

Paul Taraneh
Current :Moto G, Newman k1, Cubot C9 +
The Following User Says Thank You to Paulzt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]