Tip us?

stiggy2012
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Default Rain-X

Hi,

Just putting this out there in case anyone is interested:

I removed the ASF from my XZU recently, as I found it annoying. The feel isn't as nice as glass, and ironically it's easily scratched.

However, the downside I found to removing the ASF is that the phone has no oleophobic coating underneath, making it a nightmare to keep looking even half-way clean.

There is a company called "Fusso" that makes a replacement oleophobic coating, but it's pretty costly. So when looking around for cheaper alternatives I found quite a few people have recommended Rain-x for this purpose. So I tried it out, and have been using it for a week and a half now. It certainly makes a BIG difference. My XZU is now just as smudge-resistant as my N10.

I'm not yet quite certain how long the coating lasts once applied. I first applied it over a week ago, and then re-applied a few days later. It's been a week since I last applied and the coating its definitely still effective. So in summary, I would definitely recommend this solution! The rain-x cost me just under 5, where the fusso coating is 20. The bottle will last for years.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stiggy2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shaolin95
Old
Thanks Meter 863
That is interesting and I have some for my car...time to test this lol

Gayest quote ever from MST3K!
"You know Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful...if you just take the time to look at it.".

My Galaxy Note Games & Apps previews YOUTUBE channel