XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy s4 stuck on firmware upgrade encountered an issue

Tip us?

KGKO
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Galaxy s4 stuck on firmware upgrade encountered an issue

My galaxy s4 is stuck on a Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. I was flashing a rom onto the phone with odin and for some reason it canceled mid way and my phone is stuck with this error.

Can anyone help?

marcotony
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGKO View Post
My galaxy s4 is stuck on a Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. I was flashing a rom onto the phone with odin and for some reason it canceled mid way and my phone is stuck with this error.

Can anyone help?

Download the firmware onto your computer from the internet. Make sure it's the right one. Download the drivers for your phone from the internet. Again, be sure it's the right thing. Download the Android SDK from the Android developer site. Get the drivers installed, then setup the SDK. When you're done doing that, use file explorer to go to the platform_tools folder in the SDK, right click on the platform-tools foler and launch command line there.

Plug your phone in powered on and type "abd devices" without the quotes. If you see the device come up under your devices list you're ready to continue. If the phone does not appear you've either installed the wrong drivers or not installed them properly, go back to the drivers step and get them right untill your phone comes up under the ADB devices list. When that's done, go back to file explorer and find where you downloaded the firmware to, and cut/paste it into the platform-tools folder. Then type adb push filename.ext to /sdcard/. replace filename.ext to the firmware file. When that's done pushing, type adb reboot recovery and it should bring you back to your recovery screen on your phone. Then simply install zip from sdcard and choose the one you pushed onto the phone.

Zeuscluts
Old
Thanks Meter 2820

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGKO View Post

Can anyone help?
It's Happens brother.
nothing to worry.
1. Download your Phone's Firmware from Sammobile. (make sure you select the right version and region)
2. Connect your phone in download mode[Mostly volume down+home+power]
3. load the downloaded file in PDA of odin latest 1.85(Check on Google)
4. Press Start and you Done.
5. Wait foe the first boot.
Usually it Takes time.

Thankyou,
Zeuscluts
Need Some Cool Guide's & Graphic's Visit Gfxbandits
Click the Below TAB for More Info.