XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung s4 imei checker? help

Tip us?

kuljit55
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 177
Default Samsung s4 imei checker? help

hi guys i am buying a s4 second hand, my main concern is, its a contract and might get blocked, the seller has assured me its a pay as you go, but as there is no box how can a verify this. i need a free imei detail checker to tell me the warranty info and network status, im buying it later today so i would be very grateful if someone could give me a free solution soon thanks kind regards
Samsung Galaxy S2

RISHI RAJ
Old
(Last edited by RISHI RAJ; 19th December 2013 at 03:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 87
imei.info.Also check it enters download mode.*#0*# to check ol functions r working

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kuljit55
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by RISHI RAJ View Post
imei.info.Also check it enters download mode.*#0*# to check ol functions r working

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
thanks for the reply but this site charges to black list check it is useful though to make sure its not a china fake, anyone else have any sites ?? thanks
Samsung Galaxy S2

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuljit55 View Post
thanks for the reply but this site charges to black list check it is useful though to make sure its not a china fake, anyone else have any sites ?? thanks
The problem you're facing that you don't realize yet is that the IMEI could be good on the device now, but be blasklisted later after you buy it.

The scam is that a guy buys a phone on a post paid plan, makes the $99 down payment or whatever he has to in order to get it out of the store,buys the insurance protection against it, then sells you his phone.

A month later he reports his S4 stolen, the carrier blacklists what is now your device, and the insurance company sends him a new one for the $150 deductable or whatever the case is. All told he spends about $275 in up front costs and deductables and gets a brand new S4 worth $600. And you get screwed.

So be VERY careful buying a phone that could still be under warrenty.
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!
The Following User Says Thank You to Skipjacks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theunderling
Old
Thanks Meter 749

DONATE TO ME
..........also who doesnt keep the box and receipt.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk