5,599,911 Members 46,760 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't get Sprint VVM working on CM10.2 [SOLVED]

Tip us?

stealthdave
Old
(Last edited by stealthdave; 20th December 2013 at 11:18 PM.) Reason: Problem solved
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default [Q] Can't get Sprint VVM working on CM10.2 [SOLVED]

I've been unable to get Sprint VVM (Visual Voicemail) to work on CyanogenMod 10.2. I had no problems using VVM with CM 10.0 and 10.1. I'm currently using version T5.3.4.32 from this thread, but I've had the same problems with several earlier versions, as well.

I followed the instructions here to activate VVM, and got a message saying "Provisioning successful", but still no love. I get the text messages from 9016, but nothing shows up on the VVM app. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

- Dave

joeyhdownsouth
Old
(Last edited by joeyhdownsouth; 19th December 2013 at 11:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthdave View Post
I've been unable to get Sprint VVM (Visual Voicemail) to work on CyanogenMod 10.2. I had no problems using VVM with CM 10.0 and 10.1. I'm currently using version T5.3.4.32 from this thread, but I've had the same problems with several earlier versions, as well.

I followed the instructions here to activate VVM, and got a message saying "Provisioning successful", but still no love. I get the text messages from 9016, but nothing shows up on the VVM app. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

- Dave
I'm running t5.3.3.24 with no issues except for the 9016 messaging issue, which blacklist on most CM Roms still doesn't work to block. The blacklist feature on Illusion 4.3 ROM was working flawlessly, as well as this same version of VVM I have listed.

sent from my GS3
LG G2(Sprint)-stock for now
Motorola Moto G(unlocked)-ROM/KERNEL:Pac-Man AIO-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Samsung Galaxy S3(Sprint)-ROM/KERNEL:AOSB-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Samsung Note 10.1-ROM/KERNEL:Hyperdrive-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Samsung Galaxy S3(Boost)-ROM/KERNEL:AOSB-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced

stealthdave
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default Sprint VVM incompatible with Hangouts SMS

It turns out that Sprint VVM is incompatible with using Hangouts for SMS. I disabled SMS in Hangouts and went back to the stock MMS app, and VVM started working again. This doesn't bode well for upgrading to KitKat, though. I'm sure that Sprint will eventually fix this since Hangouts is going to be replacing the current SMS app.

http://productforums.google.com/foru...ts/Wrfr3hmxzvk

Lukengruven
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I have 5,3,4,32 and it seems to be working correctly on slimkat. I sent my self some VM, and it looked like it was working. I know on an earlier version hangouts was causing an issue. The vm i left myself worked fine, but We'll see if that has been fixed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8cwhutdgrb...T.5.3.4.32.apk

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
Samsung Galaxy S3(Sprint)-ROM/KERNEL:SlimKat 4.4.2.3 -RECOVERY:TWRP 2.6.0.3
The Following User Says Thank You to Lukengruven For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joeyhdownsouth
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukengruven View Post
I have 5,3,4,32 and it seems to be working correctly on slimkat. I sent my self some VM, and it looked like it was working. I know on an earlier version hangouts was causing an issue. The vm i left myself worked fine, but We'll see if that has been fixed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8cwhutdgrb...T.5.3.4.32.apk

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
This one working great for me on AOSB.

sent from my Gs3
LG G2(Sprint)-stock for now
Motorola Moto G(unlocked)-ROM/KERNEL:Pac-Man AIO-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Samsung Galaxy S3(Sprint)-ROM/KERNEL:AOSB-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Samsung Note 10.1-ROM/KERNEL:Hyperdrive-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Samsung Galaxy S3(Boost)-ROM/KERNEL:AOSB-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Tags
cyanogenmod 10.2, sprint, voicemail, vvm