[Q] Bricked HTC One?

Tip us?

mxhunter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Bricked HTC One?

I seemed to have screwed over my One...
While attempting to install a custom rom I seem to have gotten stuck in TWRP. I successfully installed SU and TWRP but when I went to install the custom rom, it would not install. This was after I wiped the other data from the phone so it just keeps booting me into recovery. I have a backup made of the stock rom but it is on my computer and being the HTC One and not having a removable sd...I have no way of getting the file to the phone. When the phone is connected to the computer and in fastboot USB in the bootloader, the computer makes the noise that the phone is connected, but does not show the phone in windows explorer. I have NO IDEA how to get the phone to boot past recovery or get the computer to recognize the device... HELP

crlowryjr
Old
Thanks Meter 3
You should still be able to salvage this situation.
When connected to your PC you could push the file via ADB. Another option, if you have no problem getting back into TWRP is to go into the advanced menu and flash a ROM with ADB Sideload.
Most important, stay calm, take a few deep breaths, and things should right themselves.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

bendavosvilla
Old
Thanks Meter 5
If you are unable to use adb another option is to save a rom onto a flash drive and connect it to your phone with a otg cable. Then when in twrp go to install you can select the external drive and flash from there. I use this method when I format my device and it works perfectly. I hope you sort your problem out, good luck.

sent from my one using tapatalk
Phones: Htc one s-off & supercid running omni rom nightlys & teamseven kernel.
Nexus 4 running cm 11 nightlys & stock cm kernel.
Moto g stock
Tablet:Nexus 7 2013 running omni rom nightlys & stock omni kernel
Current Phones:Htc one s-off and supercid running Aicp nightlys
Nexus 4 running cm 11 nightly and stock cm kernel
moto g unlocked and rooted running nexus g+ 005 and ultimate faux kernel 1.6 GHz
Galaxy s2 GT-i9100 running wizzedux and Dorimanx kernel
Tablet:Nexus 7 2013 omni rom nightly and stock omni kernel

DeathAngel66669
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Take deep breaths, don't panic... I did the same thing and freaked out, but I used adb sideload. Open up the cmd window on the pc, boot into recovery, type adb side rom.zip(whatever the name of the rom is. Wait for the file to transfer and install your rom. Hope this helps