[Q] MildWild 5.0 + V6 Supercharger: request for advice

Tip us?

bruno.unna
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Sign [Q] MildWild 5.0 + V6 Supercharger: request for advice

Hello, everyone.

I'm a big fan of MildWild's roms, specially of the Oxygen-based 5.0. A superb work of art!

However, always looking for ways to get the most from my fast-aging Desire, I've tried the V6 Supercharger scripts. I've got a rather mixed-up feeling from those, though. I think what they promise is *very* exciting, but in order to get they fully working a lot of work and experimentation is needed. Which is fine… up to a certain point.

So, to the point: does anybody here have a working, optimized, configuration for V6, which works nicely for MildWild 5.0? I'm asking, because there have been times in which, after carefully choosing the "right/best" options during configuration, I got even disappearing applications!

Any light that can be shed on this matter will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

eddiehk6
Old
Thanks Meter 441
I tried V6 supercharger on an older version of mildwild oxygen with mixed results

Not sure how much of an effect it actually had. My main issue with it was that it seemed to forget which was my home launcher and choose a different /system app which defeated the point of the script. Ended up removing it and default kernel with Go launcher was ok, though might have performed better with a lighter launcher.

Make sure it says 100% supercharged at least, play around with a few of the options, read the documentation to get an idea of what to pick. Best place to ask would be in the V6 thread itself if it doesn't work.

As for disappearing apps, not sure how much that is due to the script. Are you using the zipalign option? You may be conflicting with the ROM's own zipalign script if it has one. If so, don't zipalign with V6

Also how is your ROM currently set up?

- Which hboot (think cm7r2 is recommended)?
- How did you partition your sd card (gparted or 4EXT recovery recomended, not minitool or clockworkmod recovery)
- Using default A2SD script? Keep you apps on 'internal' to trick to sd-ext, no need to 'move to SD'
Device: Nexus 5 | ROM: SlimKat | Recovery: TWRP

Retired: HTC Desire

bruno.unna
Old
(Last edited by bruno.unna; 19th December 2013 at 07:48 PM.) Reason: grammatical glitch
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehk6 View Post
Make sure it says 100% supercharged at least, play around with a few of the options, read the documentation to get an idea of what to pick. Best place to ask would be in the V6 thread itself if it doesn't work.

As for disappearing apps, not sure how much that is due to the script. Are you using the zipalign option? You may be conflicting with the ROM's own zipalign script if it has one. If so, don't zipalign with V6

Also how is your ROM currently set up?

- Which hboot (think cm7r2 is recommended)?
- How did you partition your sd card (gparted or 4EXT recovery recomended, not minitool or clockworkmod recovery)
- Using default A2SD script? Keep you apps on 'internal' to trick to sd-ext, no need to 'move to SD'
Thanks for answering!

To begin with, getting to the desired 100% supercharged took a lot of time, reading and experimentation. Sometimes, the very same set of settings led me to different results!

As to your questions:

My current rom is MildWild 5.0, with an Oxygen-R2 HBOOT (as you incidentally have suggested in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=306).

My sd card has a 1 GB ext partition, created with gparted.

I'm using the default A2SD script that MildWild included. Never before have I run into any sort of problem with it.

To be honest, right now, the zip aligning hint you're giving seems the most promising exploration route to me. I will be trying it next weekend.

Thank for the advice!
Tags
configuration, mildwild, oxygen, v6-superscript