[Q] Revert back to android 4.2

Tip us?

Chaz312
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Revert back to android 4.2

I have a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 that I recently did the upgrade to 4.3 on and I can't stand it. I have no idea how to root a phone and all the help I see is for that phone with 4.2 or older versions. Could any one help me out with some instructions on how to root my phone and get the official Sprint 4.2 version back?

metalfan78
Old
Thanks Meter 1303
Unfortunately, because of the KNOX bootloader even if you were rooted you would not be able to downgrade. As of right now you are stuck on 4.3. Just out of curiosity, what is it that you don't like about the update?
The Following User Says Thank You to metalfan78 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chaz312
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfan78 View Post
Unfortunately, because of the KNOX bootloader even if you were rooted you would not be able to downgrade. As of right now you are stuck on 4.3. Just out of curiosity, what is it that you don't like about the update?
The message notification on the lock screen, the clock is no longer centered on the lock screen, I can no longer swipe down to unlock my screen, if the music app is open and my screen locks, it puts the app on my lock screen, all of my contacts now have a big goofy looking face attached to it, my lock screen looks like I touched it everytime I hit the button to bring the screen up (though I didn't), the settings screen has been reorganized and its now hard to use, the EQ is now harder to use as it is not in the same spot. I almost want to damage the phone so I can get a new one.

metalfan78
Old
Thanks Meter 1303
I can agree with most of those gripes. Especially the picture for the contacts. I don't really like the placement of the music player widget on the lock screen. I think you can turn those off by unchecking 'display multiple widgets' under lockscreen settings.