[Q] Gps don't works after fullbody changed

Tip us?

carper84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default [Q] Gps don't works after fullbody changed

Dear all,
I have a problem with gps connection. I have changed full housing of my Xperia Arc S from White to Black 2 weeks ago.
Now i noticed that gps don't connect to satellite. First i have 10.1 and it's work good. After changing fullcase, gps dont work. So, thinking it's a rom problem, i switch to carbon 4.4.2 but the problem persist. Anyone knows where is hardware connection to to check if it is right connected to motherboard?
THANK YOU!

Inviato dal mio Xperia Arc S con Tapatalk 2

Someguyfromhell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1897

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by carper84 View Post
Dear all,
I have a problem with gps connection. I have changed full housing of my Xperia Arc S from White to Black 2 weeks ago.
Now i noticed that gps don't connect to satellite. First i have 10.1 and it's work good. After changing fullcase, gps dont work. So, thinking it's a rom problem, i switch to carbon 4.4.2 but the problem persist. Anyone knows where is hardware connection to to check if it is right connected to motherboard?
THANK YOU!

If I am not mistaken, the GPS module is somewhere in upper-right, if you look from the front of the phone. I don't think you can check anything from there, as such modules are usually soldered to the main chip/board.

carper84
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Yes, my idea is to disassembly it

Someguyfromhell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1897

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by carper84 View Post
Yes, my idea is to disassembly it

If it is soldered, then you can not disassemble it. Or maybe yes, but then you won't be able to put it back to original and working state.