5,600,919 Members 42,181 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

what is going with rooting i am sick and tired of all this

Tip us?

hykhleif
Old
(Last edited by hykhleif; 19th December 2013 at 01:07 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Default what is going with rooting i am sick and tired of all this

I don't know from where to start, why is it these days that rooting is such a pain 257 is still non directly routable so I guess the new firmware will take ages to root, when I dumped the iPhone to android it was because I wanted to enjoy freedom from a locked system. Now I see this going on with android and more noticeable with this sony z ultra. I am tired and really regret buying this phone.

I am sure LORD MANHATTAN will love this thread

LordManhattan
Old
Thanks Meter 5441

I DO NOT RUN A SUPPORT LINE THROUGH PERSONAL MESSAGES,
SO PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT HELP (*COUGH* UNLESS I KNOW YOU *COUGH*).

THANK YOU, AND PLEASE HAVE A COOKIE ON YOUR WAY OUT.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hamdogg
Old
Thanks Meter 981

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hykhleif View Post
I don't know from where to start, why is it these days that rooting is such a pain 257 is still non directly routable so I guess the new firmware will take ages to root, when I dumped the iPhone to android it was because I wanted to enjoy freedom from a locked system. Now I see this going on with android and more noticeable with this sony z ultra. I am tired and really regret buying this phone.

Its simple. If you want root... and can't do it, then don't upgrade the firmware.
There is a mind set that people have... (me included somewhat)...

... its that we want 'updates' and think that it going to make our device so much better or faster than before. Reality is that despite a couple of fix's that we have had recently, the updates are not essential. or have not improved our experience dramatically. There is no need to update... its not going to give you much.

for me root is essential. I wont be updating to 290 unless I can get my ROM rooted and full working.
I know I'm ranting.... but when in Rome...
The Following User Says Thank You to hamdogg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hykhleif
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan View Post
LORDDDDD man I love your replies to my threads, I am starting to enjoy that you watch all my posts.

But seriously is that going to be the trend for getting root from now on that we have to wait for long times. I hope not. As root is very important for me as I use gl2sd app to move my big games to external sd.

why Is rooting a certain device more difficult than others, is because we don't have too many developers that bought our device. I just would like to know.

why for example samsung devices almost instantly get root?

hansip87
Old
(Last edited by hansip87; 19th December 2013 at 09:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1556

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
LORDDDDD man I love your replies to my threads, I am starting to enjoy that you watch all my posts.

But seriously is that going to be the trend for getting root from now on that we have to wait for long times. I hope not. As root is very important for me as I use gl2sd app to move my big games to external sd.

why Is rooting a certain device more difficult than others, is because we don't have too many developers that bought our device. I just would like to know.

why for example samsung devices almost instantly get root?
You want unlocked phone right? Unlock bootloader then, as simple as it gets.

Samsung is different because:
1. A lot of consumer which are hackers too, there
2. Samsung device is battery removable, indicating that it is much easier to access the device hardware wise. It was easy to semi-'unlock' my Xperia Ray due to removable battery.
3. AFAIK with all this, it seems that Samsung's devices is not as secure as Sony's devices. Have heard about rootkit virus in Desktop? Yeah the same problem came into mind with a rootable device which is insecure to hacker attack to alter the system partition.

So the only way out if you MUST have ROOT is to unlock the bootloader (i.e. it is purely your device, no Sony warranty will cover it). Unless some extreme hacker more extreme than our friend DoomLord could find the hole while keeping bootloader locked, we can wave goodbye to root in the mean time. Even if the mentioned miracle happens, Sony will quickly patch the hole for you
Love to Mod, Love to Experiment

Phone History:
Nokia 6233
Sony Ericsson K700i
SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro
SE Xperia Ray
Motorola RAZR Maxx
Xperia Z Ultra

egzthunder1
Old
Member Advocate Admin - Spirit of XDA
Thanks Meter 4240
Location: At The Good End Of My Hammer, Likes: My Family & XDA, Dislikes: Incompetence
Quote:

Lord Manhattan is not the one you should worry about but rather moderators...

Root is achieved through exploits as they do represent a security breach in the OS. In other words, root is a double edged sword as giving permissions to the wrong app for the wrong thing could lead to bad consequences. Because companies don't exactly feel like being liable for leaving a "vulnerable device" in the shelves, they normally tend to tighten things like this up.

Devs on xda (and the entire Android community for that matter) work very hard to bring you the exploits. Getting impatient and ranting about your discontent will only make you look like self entitled and will do nothing but to give an open entry for people who love the community to flame you to smithereens...

With that being said, I am closing your thread. Please don't post like this anymore.... it is entirely useless and you will do nothing other than piss people off.

"As I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I fear no evil for I am the God of Death... and this is my valley"

I have ORD

Want to see my devices? Click Below

HTC Blue Angel
ROM: WM 6.5.3 Build 23698 by d-two
Radio: 1.15

HTC Vogue (Verizon Touch)
ROM: Froyo Android (NAND) by incubus26j
Radio: 3.42.50

HTC EVO 3D
ROM: YAS4 v9 by howpathetic (ICS 4.0.4)
PRI: 1.43_003
Radio: 1.09.00.0706
HBOOT: Eng HBOOT (S-OFF)

Sony Xperia T LT30p
ROM: Stock, 91.A.0.148 (Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
Bootloader: Locked

Sony Xperia Z Ultra - GPE
ROM: Stock, Unrooted (KitKat 4.4.2)
Bootloader: Locked

Huawei Premia 4G
ROM: Stock, Rooted (ICS 4.0.4)

Learn how to flash: CDMA Rapahel, Vogue
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to egzthunder1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe