5,594,282 Members 43,370 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen rotation issue

Tip us?

coffeecore
Old
(Last edited by coffeecore; 20th December 2013 at 01:10 AM.) Reason: solution added
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Post [Q] Screen rotation issue

Here my question, has anybody faced screen rotation problem?
I'm running cyanogenmod 10.2.
My screen often turns itself when I'm using an app, but my auto rotation is off and when i want to turn it back to normal it doesn't work, only solution is to press home button and then he just goes back to normal to the homescreen.
It happens on cyanogenmod 10.2 and omnirom 4.3 (think it does also on other cm versions)
How can I fix this problem?

Thanks.

SOLUTION: Go to Samsung Galaxy Advanced settings (not the usual settings) and uncheck Use Calibration Data, then calibrate.

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 2755
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecore View Post
Here my question, has anybody faced screen rotation problem?
I'm running cyanogenmod 10.2.
My screen often turns itself when I'm using an app, but my auto rotation is off and when i want to turn it back to normal it doesn't work, only solution is to press home button and then he just goes back to normal to the homescreen.
It happens on cyanogenmod 10.2 and omnirom 4.3 (think it does also on other cm versions)
How do can I fix this problem?

Thanks.
Something similar happend to me today. I checked use calibration data in Advanced setting. If you did same, uncheck it. In CM10.2 there is separate app for that I think. Called Advanced settings in drawer. In CM10.1 it is in settings.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

coffeecore
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down View Post
Something similar happend to me today. I checked use calibration data in Advanced setting. If you did same, uncheck it. In CM10.2 there is separate app for that I think. Called Advanced settings in drawer. In CM10.1 it is in settings.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

I didn't checked the calibration data, but now I have checked it and calibrate it and then unchecked it and calibrate again..
And now he works fine, thanks!

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 2755
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecore View Post
I didn't checked the calibration data, but now I have checked it and calibrate it and then unchecked it and calibrate again..
And now he works fine, thanks!
Thanks to coincidence. I got that problem maybe hour before you posted question.
The Following User Says Thank You to shut_down For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]