[Q] Locked bootloaders?

Tip us?

CZ Eddie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 658

DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] Locked bootloaders?

Hey, thinking about getting the ATT Note for my Mom.
On my Galaxy S4 phone, the latest updates from AT&T locked the bootloader down even more. So I'd never buy another S4.

What about on the Note? I know the original did not have a locked bootloader. Well, have any of the recent updates locked the bootloader? Is there anything I need to worry about before buying a second-hand Note?

Will be wanting to flash CyanogenMOD 10.X on it.
T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 on AT&T unlimited data plan.
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  • Samsung Galaxy S5
  • Samsung Galaxy S4
  • Samsung Galaxy S3
  • Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket
  • Samsung Infuse
  • HTC Inspire
  • iPhone 3GS

**** Visit my XDA thread to help get APT-X High Definition Bluetooth Audio working in AOSP ROM's!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2531440

hairypork
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ Eddie View Post
Hey, thinking about getting the ATT Note for my Mom.
On my Galaxy S4 phone, the latest updates from AT&T locked the bootloader down even more. So I'd never buy another S4.

What about on the Note? I know the original did not have a locked bootloader. Well, have any of the recent updates locked the bootloader? Is there anything I need to worry about before buying a second-hand Note?

Will be wanting to flash CyanogenMOD 10.X on it.
No bootloader and its just older I went with the Note 2 for my mom and just set it up left it alone no custom rom or root and it still receives updates its up to 4.3 now and it runs pretty well.
The Following User Says Thank You to hairypork For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]