5,599,478 Members 38,269 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help needed

Tip us?

muddslang
Old
(Last edited by muddslang; 5th December 2013 at 03:23 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help needed

I'm trying to get an app to operate properly. The developer gave a few vague suggestions (didn't work) and then kinda blew it of as a device issue (don't entirely believe this). Any way, I'm trying to get Echovox 2.4 to work properly on nexus 7 2012, it works on the 2013 version. Echovox is a spirit communication app. It is supposed to use a random phonetic generator in combination with a realtime recording echo loop and delay function. The phonetics work without issue. My issue is the echo echo's but does not loop. Also the delay reverts to instantaneous repeat after a few seconds. Developer said this is a buffering issue. Im new to this and not sure of my options. I have unlocked, rooted, flashed custom ROM and kernels. Hasn't helped. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Current:
Android 4.3 jb grouper
Cm-10.2
Bricked kernel 3.1.10

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Lgrootnoob
Old
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddslang View Post
I'm trying to get an app to operate properly. The developer gave a few vague suggestions (didn't work) and then kinda blew it of as a device issue (don't entirely believe this). Any way, I'm trying to get Echovox 2.4 to work properly on nexus 7 2012, it works on the 2013 version. Echovox is a spirit communication app. It is supposed to use a random phonetic generator in combination with a realtime recording echo loop and delay function. The phonetics work without issue. My issue is the echo echo's but does not loop. Also the delay reverts to instantaneous repeat after a few seconds. Developer said this is a buffering issue. Im new to this and not sure of my options. I have unlocked, rooted, flashed custom ROM and kernels. Hasn't helped. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Current:
Android 4.3 jb grouper
Cm-10.2
Bricked kernel 3.1.10

Looks like the dev needs some info to put him straight.

Try to get a logcat and send it to him.

You can use the tool in my signature and use the lgctnp command and then grab the text file generated in the work folder and send it to the dev.
No need to download the whole android sdk or put adb in your path anymore!
Just extract my tool and run the adbClientLaunch script.
To get started go here >
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ight=adbclient
My name is Jacob Lane but I prefer to go by Lgrootnoob. Thanks.

muddslang
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I shall give that a try. Thanks.

muddslang
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well as expected haven't heard from the dev after sending the logcat a week ago. Any other ideas? Maybe something I could try on my end to attempt a fix.

Sent from my Huawei-U8652 using xda app-developers app