XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android Remote app?

Tip us?

les_garten
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 178
Default Android Remote app?

I neeed an Android remote app to help my 75 y/o mother with her phone.

Her phone is not Rooted. I need to be able to connect over the Internet for configuration, repairing, and teaching purposes.

It needs to be bang easy to install on here side. NO VNC server for instance. Just getting a program installed will be hard enough! She's 700 miles away.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

I'm looking at Airdroid presently. But was wondering if this was the best thing out there.
If I say something Useful Click the THANKS Button! If I say something totally Hilarious, click that baby TWICE!

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake

SM-900T on AT&T (ViSiON X N3 NB7 N9005)
Galaxy NOTE 10.1 2014 SM-P600

bri315317
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2645

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
I neeed an Android remote app to help my 75 y/o mother with her phone.

Her phone is not Rooted. I need to be able to connect over the Internet for configuration, repairing, and teaching purposes.

It needs to be bang easy to install on here side. NO VNC server for instance. Just getting a program installed will be hard enough! She's 700 miles away.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

I'm looking at Airdroid presently. But was wondering if this was the best thing out there.
I have used this before and works but may be to basic for what you're looking for.

Check out "Zikk - Remote Android Setup"
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.zikk.alpha

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Current:
LG G2 D801 & Note 3
ChromeCast & Sony Google TV STB
Transformer Prime Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Samsung 12.1 Activ Tablet PC

A little Thanks goes along ways, please consider pressing Thanks if you appreciate my work!
The Following User Says Thank You to bri315317 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

les_garten
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri315317 View Post
I have used this before and works but may be to basic for what you're looking for.

Check out "Zikk - Remote Android Setup"
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.zikk.alpha

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
I need a full desktop experience like VNC. Teamviewer is doing it. Very slow though. But it's free!
If I say something Useful Click the THANKS Button! If I say something totally Hilarious, click that baby TWICE!

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake

SM-900T on AT&T (ViSiON X N3 NB7 N9005)
Galaxy NOTE 10.1 2014 SM-P600