XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Request] Dorimanx Kernel for n7000

Tip us?

bladecgn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Lightbulb [Request] Dorimanx Kernel for n7000

A friend of mine owns a Galaxy s2 and uses the above mentioned kernel. It is fast and hast good battery life and features. You can have a look at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1617219

As the n7000 isn't too different hardware-wise I wonder if some skilled developer would be able to port this kernel to our platform.

chasmodo
Old
Thanks Meter 37754

DONATE TO ME
Did you ever bother to read this?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chasmodo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wrsg
Old
Thanks Meter 87
"skilled developer"
While I wouldn't refer myself as incredibly skilled I was thinking of taking this on but I've recently found work so I'm not sure if I'll have the time now. That's the problem with developers, skilled or not, we tend to like being recognized with money rather than people clicking the thanks button (while that's also nice it doesn't pay the bills). I'm still going to look into it so don't give up hope just yet. Also as I mentioned to someone who asked the exact same question here in the n7000 forums you could just learn to program and try it yourself.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100

OneDrive is here! It's the one place for everything in your life. Sign up and get 7 GB free. https://onedrive.live.com?invref=784...8597&invsrc=90

Check out MediaFire to get up to 50GB of free online space. https://mfi.re/?d6zj56s

NoteboyTech
Old
Thanks Meter 180
+10000 we want that kernel

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
Read my BLOG
Current Devices
---
1. Samsung Galaxy Note
2. iPhone 4s

daothanhduy1996
Old
(Last edited by daothanhduy1996; 20th December 2013 at 03:00 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2544

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoteboyTech View Post
+10000 we want that kernel

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
-100000000...000 that kernel apeal sexy to any dev cause of the commits, they look like an Amazon now lol and even u go to page 100 of its github, still no point to start porting it @@. I couldn't even find any tag that close to 3.0.64 of official CM source or 3.0.101 like many other S2 kernel. They r years-ahead of our kernels n maybe allow me to say: impossible thing lol (at least for someone does it for free).

Btw, I flashed that kernel on my friend's S2 n her phone battery usage can't compare to mine on TWiz (I know that the S2 only has 1650mAh but I doubt the GN will get any better even tho it is 3.1.x kernel) (currently) and the performance is relatively the same as what I have seen on my Note w TWiz and Hydracore kernel (or C.O.H).

I know that many of Note users want sth like that n I am interested, too if someone do it (but for reasons above, I doubt that only Dorimanx creator can do it) but it's not worth breaking rule to post sth like this (I mean in wrong section). So please mods, please move it to the rite place then (I will press that tiny report button once I'm on laptop)

And this is just my lil opinion.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

If you find me deserve with all of my work, you can either press "thanks" or donate to help me with my finace for university next year. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to daothanhduy1996 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]