5,604,686 Members 36,740 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Backup and Restore question

Tip us?

sockaplaya14
Old
(Last edited by sockaplaya14; 20th December 2013 at 07:01 AM.) Reason: sorry about the dumb name, the question evolved as I was typing and thinking
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Backup and Restore question

So I am trying to learn little by little about android devopment, and I had a few questions about proper procedures for fiddling.
If I make backup of my current setup in TWRP, can I test out other roms and just restore the current one back again safely afterwards?
Do I have to install the same rom again before I can run a restore?
Will doing a wipe make my current backup unusable?
I want to tinker and learn but I'm really nervous and trying to avoid starting from scratch every time.

side question, has anyone seen a camera that has both photosphere AND zoe?

recently got my hands on a htc one running NuSenseONE 4.3 and I really want to test out 4.4 a bit

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7072

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockaplaya14 View Post
So I am trying to learn little by little about android devopment, and I had a few questions about proper procedures for fiddling.
If I make backup of my current setup in TWRP, can I test out other roms and just restore the current one back again safely afterwards?
I want to tinker and learn but I'm really nervous and trying to avoid starting from scratch every time.

side question, has anyone seen a camera that has both photosphere AND zoe?

recently got my hands on a htc one running NuSenseONE 4.3 and I really want to test out 4.4 a bit

Quote:
Yes
Quote:
No
Quote:
No... unless you choose Wipe/Format Data(this will wipe your device)
The correct way to do a full wipe is.. Choose Wipe/Advance Wipe and mark the boxes next to cache/dalvik cache/data/system(unless otherwise noted in the rom OP)

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]