5,598,233 Members 47,502 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

USB connection problem question.

Tip us?

Mercurybird
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default USB connection problem question.

I have been running the deepshining 3 Rom for a long time on my Titan. I just upgraded two days ago to Deepshining 4. Now my phone will not charge from PC USB and will not communicate with the PC either. This is true of my wife's PC as well. The phone will charge while plugged into the wall. So I have no way to go back to version 3 which was very stable.

Question: At this point, what would happen if I just hit the ""Reset Phone" button at this point? Would it go back to Deepshining 3? Or brick it? I know I can go back to ground zero and re-HSPL it again. I did a phone back-up with the Xap Windows Phone Backup. Without the cable to PC, is there a way to get it back on the phone?

Thanks a cool million for you help everyone!

berrywr
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurybird View Post
I have been running the deepshining 3 Rom for a long time on my Titan. I just upgraded two days ago to Deepshining 4. Now my phone will not charge from PC USB and will not communicate with the PC either. This is true of my wife's PC as well. The phone will charge while plugged into the wall. So I have no way to go back to version 3 which was very stable.

Question: At this point, what would happen if I just hit the ""Reset Phone" button at this point? Would it go back to Deepshining 3? Or brick it? I know I can go back to ground zero and re-HSPL it again. I did a phone back-up with the Xap Windows Phone Backup. Without the cable to PC, is there a way to get it back on the phone?

Thanks a cool million for you help everyone!
The beauty of custom flashing a windows phone is how incredibly easy it is to flash; simply go back and re-flash the device, if the problem persists then you have your answer assuming the USB connection works to start with.
Sincerely,

Bill

"To work in the service of life and the living..." John Denver

ST | AT&T ★ HTC Titan Eternity ★ Eburon v3.1 WP7.8 OS 7.10.8862 ★
ST | AT&T ★ HTC One M7 64GB Dev. Ed. ★ Kit Kat 4.4.1 ★
T-Mobile ★ NexusHD2 KitKat v4.42 Cynanogen v11.0 ★ 21 Jan 2014 ★ t ★ Data on EXT4 2GB ★ 64GB SDXC C10 ★

Christmas List ★ Nokia Lumia 1520 "Bandit" or HTC One "Max" ★

Mercurybird
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default RESOLVED

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrywr View Post
The beauty of custom flashing a windows phone is how incredibly easy it is to flash; simply go back and re-flash the device, if the problem persists then you have your answer assuming the USB connection works to start with.
Thanks for your reply! I don't know what happened to get it that way. But to get it right I first did a hard reset. Then once it was back, I had to restart it a couple of times. Now everything is back to normal and I'm at v.4 where I wanted to get to. This hobby- Er.. Way of life has its days. But I wouldn't want to goo back to plain ole vanilla.