[BootAnimation] Digital Rain (Matrix) UPDATE 9/30/14 - Working downloads added.

Search This thread

intramorph

May 13, 2013
New York
okay great but there's no music files... I'm on 4.2.2 build number 3.17.502.3 .. I don't hear anything at all with the green rain hrtc one quietly root . however love the animation Thumbs up for the time you piut into this .THX

okay great but there's no music files... I'm on 4.2.2 build number 3.17.502.3 .. I don't hear anything at all with the green rain hrtc one quietly root . however love the animation Thumbs up for the time you piut into this .THX

The audio files are located near the bottom of the first post, you can download them and place them manually in order to get audio working. However if you are running a custom rom and boot sounds are disabled, you will need a different rom with boot sound enabled or a version of the rom you are running with them enabled.

Tru30

Aug 7, 2013
Splashscreen

This is a badass animation!! Works great. Is the splash screen flashable in recovery as well?

MasterDL

Jan 14, 2011
London
Just to say thank you for this awesome looking boot animation.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sadowsky

Jul 9, 2009
Hi Guys, can anyone guide me how to make the audio works?? correct me if im wrong. i flash the file Digital_Rain_Purple_hTC_bootup_one from TWRP recovery and reboot the device its instaled corectly except no audio. and then i'm trying to edited the system (like in the first page) to rename in the default.xml in CID folder the htc-boot.mp3 but its always failed (i'm using es file explorer) and then i'm going to rename the .mp3 file in resource folder (my thought basictly its should be the same file name) with what in the default.xml and again it cant be renamed always failed. thank you guys i hope u guys can help me with the easy step by step coz i'm not quite aware about computer or tecnical stuff. Ohyeah I'm Using Insertcoin 6.0.1.

blu9987

Oct 12, 2010
Hi Guys, can anyone guide me how to make the audio works?? correct me if im wrong. i flash the file Digital_Rain_Purple_hTC_bootup_one from TWRP recovery and reboot the device its instaled corectly except no audio. and then i'm trying to edited the system (like in the first page) to rename in the default.xml in CID folder the htc-boot.mp3 but its always failed (i'm using es file explorer) and then i'm going to rename the .mp3 file in resource folder (my thought basictly its should be the same file name) with what in the default.xml and again it cant be renamed always failed. thank you guys i hope u guys can help me with the easy step by step coz i'm not quite aware about computer or tecnical stuff. Ohyeah I'm Using Insertcoin 6.0.1.

I'm using insertcoin and all I did was open the flashable zip and rename the audio file to "HTC_Sense5_Boot.mp3" (this is what is default in the xml file for insertcoin).

side note: make sure your volume is up
side note 2: I'm on the latest SVN revision of insertcoin, not 6.0.1

Last edited:
Reactions: sadowsky

Tru30

Aug 7, 2013

I ran into the same issue. I wasn't extracting the audio from the zip I was renaming the zip. You need to extract the audio file and rename that. Also you need to make sure you can rewrite the file. There should be a padlock in the top right corner of es file e plorer. Click that to unlock, it will allow you to make changes. Hope this helps...

I thought I was using es file explorer. I use fx file manager. Download that from play store follow the above and you sill have sound for this awesome animation. Fx is a better file manager in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: sadowsky

sadowsky

Jul 9, 2009
I'm using insertcoin and all I did was open the flashable zip and rename the audio file to "HTC_Sense5_Boot.mp3" (this is what is default in the xml file for insertcoin).

side note: make sure your volume is up
side note 2: I'm on the latest SVN revision of insertcoin, not 6.0.1

Thank you mate, now its working properly.. oohh yeah so sorry for late feedback mate.. it's fantastic boot animation... Hehehe

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

I ran into the same issue. I wasn't extracting the audio from the zip I was renaming the zip. You need to extract the audio file and rename that. Also you need to make sure you can rewrite the file. There should be a padlock in the top right corner of es file e plorer. Click that to unlock, it will allow you to make changes. Hope this helps...

I thought I was using es file explorer. I use fx file manager. Download that from play store follow the above and you sill have sound for this awesome animation. Fx is a better file manager in my opinion.

Hi, mate thank you for the explaination.. i think i should try your method also to make me more understand all about this in any defference ways hehehe.. yes indeed it is awesome animation and i think i wanna try another colour now. Thanks again and good luck always guys..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

wmg316

Dec 30, 2009
Tyler, TX
Digital Rain Blue - Quietly Brilliant

I redid the Digital Rain Blue to read "Quietly Brilliant" instead of "Quietly Root". All credit to @Crackanug for the boot animation; I just changed the caption to "Quietly Brilliant". This is the NONFLASHABLE zip (see OP).

Download: Digital Rain Blue - Quietly Brilliant

Digital_Rain_Blue_zps2666f6f1.jpg

beanbean50

Jul 9, 2008
London
I redid the Digital Rain Blue to read "Quietly Brilliant" instead of "Quietly Root". All credit to @Crackanug for the boot animation; I just changed the caption to "Quietly Brilliant". This is the NONFLASHABLE zip (see OP).

Hey thanks for this bud,
I actually came here to say that i've been using this for a couple of months and that it's awesome except for the bad English 'quietly root' part...

'quietly rooted' would be better, however, 'quietly brilliant' is also fine :laugh:
thanks again :good:

I redid the Digital Rain Blue to read "Quietly Brilliant" instead of "Quietly Root".

I don't get to much free time anymore, so this is a big help and pretty awesome! I can add the link to the first post (all credit given to you of course) if you would like?

except for the bad English 'quietly root' part...

I like my bad english haha! ;) Despite the wrong context, I just prefer the way "quietly root" sounds as opposed to "rooted". Plus after an Aussie gentleman said "root" is slang for sex, I now chuckle when my phone boots becuase it's quiet sex in my hands. :p

lu_peng2

Jun 19, 2007
shanghai
i had also issues to get the sound working! my fault was that i copy exactly the red text on the first page

animation="/system/customize/resource/NAMEOFBOOTANIMATION.zip" audio="/system/customize/resource/NAMEOFAUDIOFILE.mp3 /> >

behind mp3 should be " then /> like this

audio="/system/customize/resource/NAMEOFAUDIOFILE.mp3" />

now it works now :D

Reactions: Crackanug

Seraphicus

Dec 18, 2013
I haven't read the whole thread, I just see a lot of people had trouble to get this to work - so thought I would include my experience.

I think the main reasons they can't get it to work, is because they forgot to change file permissions on the zip and mp3. I changed this to 755.

An easy step by step guide I wrote on OP youtube video;

1. Move files to sdcard. Rename files on sdcard to boot_audio.mp3 and hTC_bootup_one.zip (use the UNflashable zip file with all the images in the folders).
2. Rename original hTC_bootup_one.zip to a .bak extension.
3. Move the new files from sdcard to the respective folder in .../resource/ - I used Root Browser in ROM Toolbox, as ES File Explorer wouldn't allow me to move the files.
4. DO NOT FORGET THIS PART; Change file permissions to 755 on both mp3 and zip !!
5. Edit /system/customize/CID/default.xml with a text editor in Root Browser (from ROM Toolbox). Check that file permissions is also 755 on the xml.
6. Reboot and watch.

Hope this helped.

Big thanks to OP for this awesome mod, I used your original GREEN matrix one with "QUIETLY ROOT"! =)

PS; When I edited the xml file in /CID/ I noticed why my animated shutdown screen moved so slow, it was set to 10 FPS. Changed to 20 FPS and now it looks much more smooth. I wouldn't have noticed this if it wasn't for this thread! Thanks again Crackanug =)

Reactions: Crackanug
i had also issues to get the sound working! my fault was that i copy exactly the red text on the first page

animation="/system/customize/resource/NAMEOFBOOTANIMATION.zip" audio="/system/customize/resource/NAMEOFAUDIOFILE.mp3 /> >

behind mp3 should be " then /> like this

audio="/system/customize/resource/NAMEOFAUDIOFILE.mp3" />

now it works now :D

Nice find, didn't realize I left out. Thanks for letting me know, I updated the OP. :good:

I haven't read the whole thread, I just see a lot of people had trouble to get this to work - so thought I would include my experience.

I think the main reasons they can't get it to work, is because they forgot to change file permissions on the zip and mp3. I changed this to 755.

An easy step by step guide I wrote on OP youtube video;

1. Move files to sdcard. Rename files on sdcard to boot_audio.mp3 and hTC_bootup_one.zip (use the UNflashable zip file with all the images in the folders).
2. Rename original hTC_bootup_one.zip to a .bak extension.
3. Move the new files from sdcard to the respective folder in .../resource/ - I used Root Browser in ROM Toolbox, as ES File Explorer wouldn't allow me to move the files.
4. DO NOT FORGET THIS PART; Change file permissions to 755 on both mp3 and zip !!
5. Edit /system/customize/CID/default.xml with a text editor in Root Browser (from ROM Toolbox). Check that file permissions is also 755 on the xml.
6. Reboot and watch.

Hope this helped.

Big thanks to OP for this awesome mod, I used your original GREEN matrix one with "QUIETLY ROOT"! =)

PS; When I edited the xml file in /CID/ I noticed why my animated shutdown screen moved so slow, it was set to 10 FPS. Changed to 20 FPS and now it looks much more smooth. I wouldn't have noticed this if it wasn't for this thread! Thanks again Crackanug =)

Thanks for the help with this, I totally forgot to mention it in the OP.

Reactions: hb17

Vitruvian

Jan 31, 2012
Ohrid
This Account Has Been Suspended ?

I can't download the files it says: This Account Has Been Suspended. :( Can anyone attach the files of the green version, please?

donmarkoni

Sep 21, 2010
Belgrade
HTC U12+
Xiaomi 12 Pro
I can't download the files it says: This Account Has Been Suspended. :( Can anyone attach the files of the green version, please?

Here you go mate :)
Digital_Rain_Boot.zip (green, root)
Digital_Rain_Brilliant.zip (green, brilliant)
Digital_Rain_Black.zip (black)
Digital Rain ONE v5.3_audio.zip
Digital_Rain_ONE_v5.3_audio_LOUD.zip
Digital_Rain_ONE_v5.3_audio_QUIET.zip
downanimation.zip (appropriate black htc down anim)
@Crackanug, if you want me to remove links, just say a word mate. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **UPDATE** I have found the original files. Be advised, these originals are NOT flashable. You will need to make your own flashable zips or push/copy the files and change the permissions manually. New Link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/3j9fji

I present a Matrix style digital rain boot specifically made for the HTC ONE. This took the better part of 3 months to finish as I do this in my spare time. Also, it's apparently extremely difficult to find a good quality Matrix font online. So I made one from scratch and including it in the attachments for ****s and gigs (It's not a fully polished/finished font, just forewarning you). There is an mp3 attached as a zip for anyone interested in matching audio.

UPDATE 12/19/13: Another user (wmg316) was kind enough to make a version which features the word "rooted" as some people have requested. Here is a link to his post with the download, enjoy!
    It's like, a link within a link...

The download for the boot animation is now a flashable zip you can install through recovery. The original link is still available for those that like to do things the old/manual way. The audio has also been optimized and tweaked, it should now play perfectly in sync with the animation. As another user requested, I have added a version with the caption, "Quietly Brilliant" to the end for those that like the stock quote. It is available for download under the "Matrix Green" section. I Also added two more audio files, one slightly louder and one slightly quieter.

DISCLAIMER:
    Any questions, ask. Anyone interested in using it for their rom/project/different device, that is perfectly ok, you have permission too. All I ask is that you give credit where credit is due and hopefully link back to this post for others.

Preview:

New Link to download all: https://www.sendspace.com/file/3j9fji

If your sound does not work after flash, most likely you will need to add a small snippet of code to an xml file. It's easy, just follow the directions below.

Adding audio:
    On your phone use a file manager to browse to the folder: /system/customize/CID
    Open the xml file contained in the directory with a text editor. Once opened, scroll down till you come across some text regarding bootanimations. The text will look something similar or exactly like ex:

Code:
    animation="/system/customize/resource/NAMEOFBOOTANIMTION.zip" />

All you need to do is add a line of text and save, ex:
    Code:
    animation="/system/customize/resource/NAMEOFBOOTANIMATION.zip" [COLOR="Red"]audio="/system/customize/resource/NAMEOFAUDIOFILE.mp3" />[/COLOR]

-Crack

Here you go mate :)
    Digital_Rain_Boot.zip (green, root)
    Digital_Rain_Brilliant.zip (green, brilliant)
    Digital_Rain_Black.zip (black)
    Digital Rain ONE v5.3_audio.zip
    Digital_Rain_ONE_v5.3_audio_LOUD.zip
    Digital_Rain_ONE_v5.3_audio_QUIET.zip
    downanimation.zip (appropriate black htc down anim)
    @Crackanug, if you want me to remove links, just say a word mate. ;)
    Digital Rain Blue - Quietly Brilliant

This boot animation is amazing :eek: thanx a lot for it, and your helpfulness is refreshing :D

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

My pleasure and happy to help. Once you have kids, it's amazing how your patience expands... and shortens lol. Besides, I have been on the other end of asking a question and receiving a smartass response or no help at all. It doesn't always feel good, especially after you have searched for your answer with no luck.

IMO: Knowledge should be shared and freely offered for those willing to learn and help themselves. I may not go to church, but one thing I did learn; do more for others than you do for yourself. So if I spend one hour sitting in church thinking about helping vs. actually helping someone for one hour... Which would you consider better? Just because I may help online as opposed to working in a soup kitchen, it's still passing something on to someone, somewhere. I just hope to make a difference

Sorry, steps off soap box... :good:

I flashed the zip file. The animation works fine, but there's no sound. After mounting the system, now the sound is there but only the original sound - as in the original HTC One bootup sound.

When I open CID, there's quite a few XML files (see attached image). I've changed the default.xml file and edited the text in the file from HTC_Sense5_Boot.mp3 to htc_boot.mp3. However, upon reboot, the sound is still the original sense sound and when I open the XML again, it's reverted back to HTC_Sense5_Boot.mp3.

What do I do? Am I editing the wrong XML file?

It sounds like it may be the incorrect xml file you are editing. I can only speak for mostly stock roms, but there is a "default.xml" file and a "SPRINT00.xml" for the carrier Sprint. Sprint obviously uses the Sprint xml, so for more custom roms you will have to figure out which one your phone uses. It's a little more difficult to narrow down which one because there are so many different roms available. If you can look through each one and change the appropriate text in each. The phone will eventually use the correct sound for the boot or you could PM the creator of your rom and ask which one is being used.

Wow. While that is awesome, the audio is crazy loud on my phone. Any way to turn it down in the xml code? Or elsewhere? Thanks!

There is not a way to turn it down using the xml, however the sound level is dependent on what the volume was at prior to turning the phone off. That should alleviate any problems on boot by turning it down beforehand. However I can create another version with a decreased volume so you don't have to go through that step each time you turn off your phone as it would get a little frustrating having to turn it down every time.
    These are really beautiful, but I agree, ROOT, instead of ROOTED, hurts my brain.

Any chance you plan to change it?

@dsb9938 Not sure if I still have all my saved files to help make it easier to redo, but I will work on it and get a new version with "rooted". :good: