XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] relock bootloader for 4.3

Tip us?

J03-84
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] relock bootloader for 4.3

I'm finding it difficult to simply find a tutorial to relock the bootloader for my sgh-i317. I've failed several times to update to 4.3 but read since my phone is rooted I need to relock/flash to stock and try again. I understand I can use Odin which I did to root but I'm new to this and don't know where to find the appropriate file so I can attempt to update via OTA. Any help is appreciated...

Jspex
Old
(Last edited by Jspex; 20th December 2013 at 12:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by J03-84 View Post
I'm finding it difficult to simply find a tutorial to relock the bootloader for my sgh-i317. I've failed several times to update to 4.3 but read since my phone is rooted I need to relock/flash to stock and try again. I understand I can use Odin which I did to root but I'm new to this and don't know where to find the appropriate file so I can attempt to update via OTA. Any help is appreciated...

This will erase EVERYTHING on your phone so use kies to back up messages,pics, etc BEFORE you begin!!

Go to sammobile and dl the stock firmware then dl this.

Have $3 on your google play account for triangleaway.

Then follow these steps

1.flash the stock firmware with odin
2. flash chainfire autoroot and update supersu in the play store
3. purchase and install triangle away (pay for it and support these awesome developers, dont be that guy), run counter reset and reboot
4. in supersu unroot
5.boot into stock recovery and factory reset and wipe cache and delvik cache and reboot.
6. on you phone go to settings>about phone> software update and run the ota update.

That should do it as you have gone completely back to stock, reset your counter and have stock recovery. This is what i had to do to get the ota to 4.3 yesterday/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jspex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jester12345
Old
Thanks Meter 27
U can always grab the firmware from sammobile.com type ur model number and download it and use odin to flash

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Canadoc
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by jester12345 View Post
U can always grab the firmware from sammobile.com type ur model number and download it and use odin to flash

my knox counter is at 1 everything else is stock and official. How do i reset knox?

jester12345
Old
Thanks Meter 27
There is no way so far to reset the konx counter. It sucks but no fix for that at the moment

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 2868
Quote:
Originally Posted by jester12345 View Post
There is no way so far to reset the konx counter. It sucks but no fix for that at the moment

This ....^^^^^^.....

Knox persists well below the partition level ....Likely on the EMMC...

A JTAG won't even fix it....g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g