[Q] all of sudden unrooted

Tip us?

baysidefish
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] all of sudden unrooted

Hi,

I apologize if I use the wrong term in advance.

I rooted my HTC One a few month back following this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2473644

It has been working fine, I found out all of the sudden the phone is unrooted, it says "There is no SU binary installed", also, it failed to install OTA 4.3.

NOTE: There was a minor OTA a few weeks ago, I did update it.

I was wondering if someone could give me some directions. thank you

GimliLongBow
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Did you install a custom recovery? That will cause the 4.3 OTA to fail. It will also let you flash the SuperSU or koush's superuser zip which should then restore your root access.

I don't have the ability to post a link yet, but if you search for Chainfire's SuperSu, you should find a page on XDA for 1.86. Download the zip to your One, flash it in recovery, and you should have root back!

baysidefish
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for the reply. "I think" I found the thread you are talking about.

A stupid question, how do I "flash it in recovery"? thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimliLongBow View Post
Did you install a custom recovery? That will cause the 4.3 OTA to fail. It will also let you flash the SuperSU or koush's superuser zip which should then restore your root access.

I don't have the ability to post a link yet, but if you search for Chainfire's SuperSu, you should find a page on XDA for 1.86. Download the zip to your One, flash it in recovery, and you should have root back!

GimliLongBow
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by baysidefish View Post
Thank you for the reply. "I think" I found the thread you are talking about.

A stupid question, how do I "flash it in recovery"? thank you
Assuming you've installed a custom recovery, here's what you'll need to do. First, load up the bootloader, then use Vol+Down/Up to select Recovery. Hit the Power button to select it. Once that's loaded, you should see an option either for Install or Install Zip from sd card. Select that, browse to where you saved the zip file on your phone, and select it. And that should be it!

If you don't get some sort list of options when you select Recovery from the bootloader, you'll probably want to install either TWRP or ClockworkMod Touch. You can find those in the Original Android Development section of the forum here. Right now I'm running TWRP but I like them both.

Have fun!