5,600,053 Members 43,963 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rogers Galaxy S4/ Note 3 unlocked for Wind vs Wind versions

Tip us?

brisk5181
Old
(Last edited by brisk5181; 20th December 2013 at 10:51 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Question Rogers Galaxy S4/ Note 3 unlocked for Wind vs Wind versions

Hi, I am aware that Rogers' i337M (Galaxy S4) can be unlocked to work with Wind or Mobilicity, and unlocked Rogers Galaxy Note 3 can work with Wind or Mobilicity as well.

Now my question is, do they have same internal hardwares? e.g. CPU/GPS chip etc.

The reason for me to ask is, I need to decide whether to purchase the S4 or Note 3 from Wind. If the hardware is different, then I better buy Rogers version and unlock it, because Rogers or big 3 versions has larger community supports so I can get more custom ROMs 2 years down the road.

Thoughts?
Samsung USB JIG: http://www.diygadget.com/samsung-gal...e-usb-jig.html debricked my phone! Thanks!

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by brisk5181 View Post
Hi, I am aware that Rogers' i337M (Galaxy S4) can be unlocked to work with Wind or Mobilicity, and unlocked Rogers Galaxy Note 3 can work with Wind or Mobilicity as well.

Now my question is, do they have same internal hardwares? e.g. CPU/GPS chip etc.

The reason for me to ask is, I need to decide whether to purchase the S4 or Note 3 from Wind. If the hardware is different, then I better buy Rogers version and unlock it, because Rogers or big 3 versions has larger community supports so I can get more custom ROMs 2 years down the road.

Thoughts?
I would first check to be 100% certain that the LTE bands are 100% compatible. Actually the 2G/3G bands too
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7