5,593,793 Members 44,975 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

consistant feedback/static in calls?

Tip us?

aspen1135
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default consistant feedback/static in calls?

My dad (who uses an iPhone) and a few other people have been complaining that whenever they call me, they get really bad static or sometimes even echoed feedback during phone conversations. I've tried multiple different ROMs and he says it still happens sometimes. What confuses me is that its kind of random when it happens because other times it'll work perfectly. The mic isn't broken or damaged because recording apps don't have this problem. Is it something in my settings and/or the ROM causing this? Any feedback is appreciated.

I'm currently using the latest shoshock ROM and have in the past been using tasks AOKP, which is where it first randomly started.

Phalanx7621
Old
Thanks Meter 2045
Are you using the ajk kernel? If you use the wrong one, you'll get that affect. FYI shostock should have mic swap kernel.

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S II, Motorola Atrix[retired]
The Following User Says Thank You to Phalanx7621 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aspen1135
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx7621 View Post
Are you using the ajk kernel? If you use the wrong one, you'll get that affect. FYI shostock should have mic swap kernel.
I used the default one that was in the flash able zip. Unlike most ROMs, it was an all in one package so nothing else was required.

creepyncrawly
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2657

DONATE TO ME
First, you want to know if this is an intermittent hardware issue. The troubleshooting test for that is flash back to stock and observe. If the problem is still present, then it is very likely to be a hardware issue.

If not, then the problem is most likely in firmware somewhere. Since this is not a common problem, and since you have had it on multiple roms, it would probably not be due to the kernel or system firmware, so you would have to look at applications to see what might be interfering.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to creepyncrawly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
aokp, calls, shoshock, static