5,597,647 Members 33,828 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

rooted phone cracked screen what to do?

Tip us?

thegameksk
Old
(Last edited by thegameksk; 19th December 2013 at 08:41 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default rooted phone cracked screen what to do?

I bought my phone earlier this month. Just now it feel off my table and the screen is cracked and not working. You can see the crack on the screen. What are my options here? The phone is rooted and you can see the custom unlock screen (if the screen was working). I do have insurance. Im still within the 15 day return period too. Im not sure if that matters

XiphoneUzer
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegameksk View Post
Is there anyway to unroot it and have the att service center or samsung center fix it?

You can just fix it yourself, or pay a service to - google N3 lcd and see what your options are.

What was it doing do close to the edge of the table, and who knocked it off, (N3 doesn't move by itself)
The Following User Says Thank You to XiphoneUzer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theROMinator
Old
Thanks Meter 286
Quote:
Is there anyway to unroot it and have the att service center or samsung center fix it?
First of all I'd compare the prices of having samsung repair it and insurance replacing it.

The samsung service center will fix it no matter what, but for a fee of course. About a year ago I smashed my S III's screen and sent it for repair to the service center in Texas. It cost me $170. In the end it's all a matter of how much time and $ you want to spend.
Do you know if your LCD is still intact? If it's not, I'd pay to have samsung repair it. LCD/glass assemblies are expensive last time I checked.

Repair glass only:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwrS...e_gdata_player

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Solarenemy68
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
I bought my phone earlier this month. Just now it feel off my table and the screen is cracked and not working. You can see the crack on the screen. What are my options here? The phone is rooted and you can see the custom unlock screen (if the screen was working). I do have insurance. Im still within the 15 day return period too. Im not sure if that matters
The return period is only 14 days and that does not cover damage caused by you.. The insurance will cover that but only after the 200 dollar deductible.

If you used kingo to ROOT then just use Kingo again to unroot and boot the device twice and the lock should go away.. Even if you rooted it does not void the warranty since rooting does not trip KNOX. Only changes that trip KNPX will void the warranty..

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13091
Please do not discuss fraudulent methods for replacement of devices, pay up, do the right thing.

And questions belong in the Q and A thread...so, thread moved.
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?

dpaik
Old
Thanks Meter 56
these stupid Wacom digitizers have the glass completely stuck on with adhesive on the whole undersurface...it's a beetch to replace
Galaxy S Cappy (AT&T) - CyanogenMod 11 KK Nightly
Galaxy SII (AT&T) - Shostock3 v4.0 JB
OG Galaxy Tab 7" (P1000)(AT&T) - Official CM11 KK Nightly
Nexus 7.2 (32GB)(Flo) - Clean Rom(KK) / ElementalX
Galaxy Note 3(AT&T) - Stock KK 4.4.2
LG G2 (AT&T) - Stock KK 4.4.2

BlackZenith
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarenemy68 View Post
Even if you rooted it does not void the warranty since rooting does not trip KNOX. Only changes that trip KNPX will void the warranty..
You sure about that? When I contacted AT&T to get my phone replaced, the rep asked me if I was rooted, twice. I know you were talking about Samsung, but I always feel they are in cahoots with each other.
Note 3 + Gear 2