5,597,707 Members 35,446 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q][SOLVED] Help! CWM flashing mistake!

Tip us?

milkgreen
Old
(Last edited by milkgreen; 20th December 2013 at 03:20 PM.) Reason: problem solved
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up [Q][SOLVED] Help! CWM flashing mistake!

I just made a custom rom and have it CWM flashable, but the updater-script I obtained (through TUT) is mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 as system, which is NOT a system block instead! (I found out it should be mmcblk0p3).

Now, my phone boot normally, just not prompting me for unlocking SIM, and I can't make call and all that, what should I do now?

Grab a modemfs and flash it back?

EDIT: Part of logcat which should have mentioned the causes:
Quote:

I/MLR ( 1730): Waiting Modem to be ready...
I/MLR ( 1730): Waiting for RIL to be intialized, try 1...
I/msa ( 1675): [MSA] FAILED stat(path='/modemfs/APPL' buf=0xbef3a850) ret=-1 errno=2 (No such file or directory)
I/msa ( 1675): [MSA] FAILED stat(path='/modemfs/BOOT' buf=0xbef3a850) ret=-1 errno=2 (No such file or directory)
I/msa ( 1675): [MSA] FAILED stat(path='/modemfs/CONF' buf=0xbef3a850) ret=-1 errno=2 (No such file or directory)
I/msa ( 1675): [MSA] FAILED stat(path='/modemfs/DO' buf=0xbef3a850) ret=-1 errno=2 (No such file or directory)
I/msa ( 1675): [MSA] FAILED stat(path='/modemfs/LOG' buf=0xbef3a850) ret=-1 errno=2 (No such file or directory)
I/msa ( 1675): [MSA] FAILED stat(path='/modemfs/PERM' buf=0xbef3a850) ret=-1 errno=2 (No such file or directory)
I/msa ( 1675): [MSA] FAILED stat(path='/modemfs/TMP' buf=0xbef3a850) ret=-1 errno=2 (No such file or directory)
I/msa ( 1675): [MSA] FAILED stat(path='/modemfs/PERM' buf=0xbef3a850) ret=-1 errno=2 (No such file or directory)
I/msa ( 1675): [MSA] FAILED stat(path='/modemfs/CONF' buf=0xbef3a850) ret=-1 errno=2 (No such file or directory)
I/msa ( 1675): [MSA] FAILED mkdir(path='/modemfs/PERM' mode=0x1c0) ret=-1 errno=28 (No space left on device)
I/msa ( 1675): [MSA] FAILED rmdir(path='/modemfs/PERM') ret=-1 errno=2 (No such file or directory)
Anyone could provide a backup of mmcblk0p2? Please T^T (edit2: my baseband: XAMD)

SOLUTION:
1. Downgrade it back to GB (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2195673)
2. Check if modem is working
3. (Optional) If yes, flash back the stock ICS (custom rom's results may vary) with ODIN. (use your own regions', suggest you to download from: http://www.sammobile.com/)
4. If no, post your question here, let us help you =D

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 2756
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkgreen View Post
I just made a custom rom and have it CWM flashable, but the updater-script I obtained (through TUT) is mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 as system, which is NOT a system block instead! (I found out it should be mmcblk0p3).

Now, my phone boot normally, just not prompting me for unlocking SIM, and I can't make call and all that, what should I do now?

Grab a modemfs and flash it back?

EDIT: Part of logcat which should have mentioned the causes:

Anyone could provide a backup of mmcblk0p2? Please T^T (edit2: my baseband: XAMD)
Try to flash stock firmware with Odin.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

milkgreen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down View Post
Try to flash stock firmware with Odin.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk
it doesn't work, I tried looking into it but there's no modemfs.bin.md5

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 2756
Quote:
it doesn't work, I tried looking into it but there's no modemfs.bin.md5
How did you check that there is no modemfs.bin.md5??? In Serbian firmware:

You can try to downgrade to GB http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2195673
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fw.PNG
Views:	115
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	2464805  
The Following User Says Thank You to shut_down For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

milkgreen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
How did you check that there is no modemfs.bin.md5??? In Serbian firmware:

You can try to downgrade to GB http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2195673
i got the '.tar.md5' files, that modem.bin is different from modemfs.bin, they are extracted to different partition (according to the PIT)
trying to downgrade now..

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 2756
Quote:
i got the '.tar.md5' files, that modem.bin is different from modemfs.bin, they are extracted to different partition (according to the PIT)
trying to downgrade now..
Sorry, I did not read it like I should.

milkgreen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
it's ok
anyway, I just wish I could send it for service, so that I could get everything stock, and be able to back them up,

milkgreen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
ww, done!
I follow that downgrading guide, and I got the modem up again! (the 3g connecting speed is also improved, wow!)
Afterwards, I flashed it with stock ICS (with Odin), and the modem remains working, felt very nice!

I won't say thank you , I press it! haha

Tags
flash, i9070, modem, odin