5,594,221 Members 45,535 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I'm I alone to think new updates bring nothing but problem?

Tip us?

Kremata
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1228
Default I'm I alone to think new updates bring nothing but problem?

Hi, loyal XDA subject and Note 2 lovers.

(WARNING!! THIS IS A RANT THREAD) If you don't feel like it don't read it.

I've been out of XDA for a while now(for personal reasons), keeping an eye on new update only and of course flashing them but without being really involved like before.
Honestly nothing from these new updates gave me a desire or an excitement to make a come back and get involve again. Actually I found all the new update brings some little improvement (I've been waiting for the S4-Note 3 camera app) but more trouble than it should.
This Knox thing is a nightmare and all the security around it makes flashing phones more complicated if you want to keep your warranty.
Why does Samsung doesn't give us a choice? I hate companies who decides for us and what are we getting in return if you're not a Knox user?
I'm finish, so to go back, I'm I alone to think this way? If I'm wrong don't be shy to bring me back on the right path(in a polite way of course).

dalanik
Old
Thanks Meter 187
I dunno, I didn't flash stock ROM but slightly modified ROM with Note 3 apps and apart from 1 small bug (there is no Samsung account) I am very satisfied with it. As a matter of fact, not only do all Note 3 apps work fine, but the ROM is stable and noticably faster than 4.1.2. I might yet update to MK9/MKD or ML3, but I'd need the Note 3 pack to work, so I'll hold for the time being. I really like the 4.3 update. On all my devices I've never experienced better update then this one.

Yes, KNOX is a nightmare, so I suggest we all skip it for the time being and use pre-rooted de-Knoxed stock ROMs (MK9 available and MKD is there too but has to be rooted manualy)... just use MJ5 bootloader and all is good!

takuarc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
There is a slight speed increase. Some stock apps got a slight appearance update. Some slight improvements. Nothing major and the dreadful knox is preventing me to root it and enable ad block. That is the only root app I really need but I can surely wait it out until someone gonna crack knox.

now I am waiting to get home (on holiday) so I can pop into my carrier's store to get an upgrade to my contact. Getting a note 3.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk