XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Not quite 3GB of RAM?

Tip us?

cmcaulay71
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Not quite 3GB of RAM?

According to the information displayed in the RAM tab of my phone's Task Manager, my GN3 has 2.38GB of RAM installed. Naturally I was expecting to see 3GB since that's what the specs advertise.

Is anyone else seeing the same thing on their GN3? I'm wondering if this is normal or not.

repsol_23
Old
Thanks Meter 73
That is natural since some ram will be used to run the Android system and whatever else is currently running in your phone. One thing that holds true across all ram whether it is hard drives or what not is they always advertise a rounded up number. Just an fyi.

Tap'n & Talk'n on my Note 3

akellar
Old
Thanks Meter 1716
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcaulay71 View Post
According to the information displayed in the RAM tab of my phone's Task Manager, my GN3 has 2.38GB of RAM installed. Naturally I was expecting to see 3GB since that's what the specs advertise.

Is anyone else seeing the same thing on their GN3? I'm wondering if this is normal or not.
GPU is assigned a certain block of this. This is standard across all devices. You have 3 GB ram, doesn't mean apps have access to all of it.
Please note, I do not do ROM support via PM. If you have a question, ask in the device thread. Thanks.