5,606,588 Members 36,082 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flashing bootloader from wrong device. Any fix?

Tip us?

savajjo
Old
(Last edited by savajjo; 20th December 2013 at 03:47 AM.) Reason: typo
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Flashing bootloader from wrong device. Any fix?

Hi all,

I need help here. I flashed my verizon note 2 without researching deeply, and I ended up flashing MJ5 custom bootloader for GT-N7100 instead of SCH-i605. This is exactly the same thing user he1calledbubba did in his thread and showing the same symptom.

I just want to double confirm if there's no other way to repair this phone myself. Do you guys have any suggestions or experience that can enlighten me? Thank you all so much!

Savajjo

nikhil.kdhand
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Is the odin failing while you're putting the correct rom

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks,

Nikhil Dhand
Chat: nikhil.kdhand@gmail.com

akellar
Old
Thanks Meter 1725
Quote:
Originally Posted by savajjo View Post
Hi all,

I need help here. I flashed my verizon note 2 without researching deeply, and I ended up flashing MJ5 custom bootloader for GT-N7100 instead of SCH-i605. This is exactly the same thing user he1calledbubba did in his thread and showing the same symptom.

I just want to double confirm if there's no other way to repair this phone myself. Do you guys have any suggestions or experience that can enlighten me? Thank you all so much!

Savajjo
Nope you found just about the only way to brick an unlocked Samsung device. Never mess with bootloaders.
Please note, I do not do ROM support via PM. If you have a question, ask in the device thread. Thanks.

imnuts
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2938

DONATE TO ME
$3-500 will fix your problem
Setup a Development Environment
Setup and Use the Android SDK
Stock Odin Restore files

You can find the answer to all of your questions right here. If that doesn't work, then try this or this
The Following User Says Thank You to imnuts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

savajjo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I agree with you all that there's probably no fix. People had send them to JTAG and had theirs fixed. So I guess that's the next option I will do. Thank you all.