XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 32 gb showing as 16gb?

Tip us?

Wil Badger
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default [Q] 32 gb showing as 16gb?

Hows it going everybody I look around and couldn't find anybody else with the problem I'm seeing. I ordered a refurbished Nexus7 32gb model. Everything appears to be a 32 gig on the label on the box "Nexus7 ASUS-1B32". I'm wondering whether it could have been flashed incorrectly when it got refurbished and somehow only got 16 gig of the 32 to be formatted making it think it's a 16.

The question I guess is this possibly. I'm used to playing with my HD2 where I can make the internal memory any size I want up to the 1 gig available. Is there anyway to run the serial number to be sure it's a true 32 gig or 16 model?

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2342
You could try and contact Google with the serial number, it is possible they messed up when refurbished, others here have as well. You'll find many people posting directions on how to get the extra 16gbs back if it truely is a 32 gb

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wil Badger
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Ya I have been trying to get it to go into recovery. The bootloader was locked. Got that unlocked. It still is giving me issues trying to get into recovery. I'll go into bootloader and choose recovery and it just comes up to the android on his back with a red triangle. It won't go past that screen doesn't matter if it's plug into the computer or not.

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2342
That is stock recovery, grab twrp.img or whatever
fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img
Or for temporary use
fastboot boot nameofrecovery.img

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wil Badger
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
For some reason fastboot will no longer see it. SDK still sees it just fine just need to relearn SDK/ADT and how to push and flash files through it

Wil Badger
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Well got it to flash recovery and now i'm in a new hole.....lol wiped the whole thing and now it will not but. So now I have to really get my **** in gear and push a factory img over to it and try and get it to flash

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2342
Well to set adb and fastboot see here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2277112
Now that you have a custom recovery you can just flash a rom in recovery, maybe slimbean
Youll need to sideload it or use an otg cable if you have one
In recovery, advance, adb sideload
adb sideload nameofrom.zip
And probably need to sideload gapps too
Once youre up and running youll have time to dig through threads to seek your storage issue

Sent from my SGH-T699 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wil Badger
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Oh flashing phones is nothing new to me. I got it flashed with a stock ROM after wiping everything. I just wasn't sure if the Nexus had a tool like the HD2 crowd has to format the nand to specific sizes. As for solving the main problem of the memory size.....it's getting sent back for a full refund. I will just order another one once NewEgg figures out what happened.