Rom or Kernel Killing SIM Cards

Tip us?

jedimasteryoda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Rom or Kernel Killing SIM Cards

Hello All,
I need to know if a modded rom or kernel has the ability to kill or wipe a sim card. This is the second time I've lost a sim. It will no longer allow a connection to my network (Telus). All I did this time was reset my phone and wipe the internal memory and now my sim wont register. I'm running infamous 1.4 with Tiberius 2.3 kernel. When I booted the phone the emergency calls only message came up. even manual registration doesn't work.

The only other possibility is the phone itself but how is that possible?

Someone please explain this to me cuz i'm getting fed up and ready to stick with stock and abandon flashing custom roms and kernels if they are no longer safe to use.

And please don't spew crap at me about risks and blah blah blah....I've been flashing phones for a while now and never once had this issue until now.

Jedi

kj2112
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1639
No.... Never ever heard of a Rom or kernel killing a sim card. You'd be the first if so. Perhaps your phone is frying them tho... Like a hardware issue. Or your just having an unlucky streak with Sims.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Oh.... Or its an apn issue or something strange every time you flash. Tho that's less likely.

But.... Allot of roms I've used required me to manually enter my apn info. A lot of roms... I'm telus too. If it doesn't have Sp. Telus. Com there automatically, then your apn settings are wrong. The other telus apn... Forget what is called, but it's not sp. Telus. Com, does not work.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk