One click to switch adb on all usb connected devices to tcpip.
One click to switch adb on all tcpip connected device back to usb.
Auto discovery of the devices listening on tcpip.
The application consists of two parts. "Helper.jar" to run on the pc and "Helper.apk" for the device.
- Installs the Helper.apk on the device.
- Attempts to switch adb on the device to use tcpip.
- Sends broadcast messages to look for devices on the network.
- Initiates an adb connection over tcp to any ip that responds to the broadcast.
- Provides a button to switch all usb devices to tcpip.
- Provides a button to switch all tcpip devices to usb which also uninstalls the helper.apk file, leaving no "junk" on the device.
On the device, Helper.apk
- Turns on WiFi if not already on.
- Checks and shows if the adb port was indeed opened.
- Listens and responds to udp broadcasts from Helper.jar.
Some android devices will work without root but if you get a red message from the helper on the device, you will need to root it to enable adb in tcpip mode. The rooted method to set adb to use tcpip is used in case the device is rooted.
If you like the tool and want to contribute, please feel free to buy the app on the Play store. The attachment contains exactly the same files for free.
Feedback is welcome and I hope someone finds this useful!
A new tool I am calling "ADB Master" that includes all functionality of ADB-Over-WiFi-Helper plus a lot more is now also available for free to XDA users.
Get the new ADB Master here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2707556
It is highly recommended to use the new download rather than the file attached to this post!