Wireless charger for Vzw G2 & Nexus 7

Search This thread

MoreGone

Jan 21, 2008
Hello,

Could someone recommend a wireless charger for both the G2 and Nexus 7? Seeing is the G2 has quick charge or whatever its called, I don't want to get a charger that isn't suited well for the G2 or would cook the nexus.

I am just not sure if they are compatible or if I need to keep an eye for certain amps.

I can get the Nokia DT-900 for $15 or was considering this one. Both are are priced really well but the Nokia seems so small.

Thanks,

Vepaot

Feb 9, 2012
Kansas City
Just remember that you get what you pay for. Cheap chargers tend to charge more slowly and don't do as good of a job. The first review you see on that one you linked, is probably a common issue because the charger isn't smart enough to trickle power to the device once it reaches full. Instead the phone hits 100% and the charger turns off after that. So when you wake up in the morning, it might not be completely full.

Also, cheap Qi chargers tend to be very particular about the placement of the device, making it more of a hassle to find the "sweet spot".

Personally I'd say drop the extra money and buy a name brand one with plenty of good reviews. I'd imagine the LG made one will even charge the G2 all super fast like it's supposed to do.

Sent from CAMACHO, my Verizon G2 (VS980) running PAC ROM 4.3.

dtwhite

Jun 30, 2010
To my knowledge, "quick charge" doesn't really apply to the wireless chargers. They max out at around 1A of current, whereas the wall charger is more than twice that. Anything Qi will charge both the Nexus 7 and the G2, just look at the output current to see how fast it can charge, some are low.

X plosive

Oct 16, 2009
I went to my local Verizon store (corporate) and picked up a Tylt Vu wireless charger (around $70). It comes in a few different colors and will charge your phone vertical or horizontally. FYI - It worked great, even with an Otterbox Defender case on it. No more scratching the hell out of the bottom of my phone at night! LOL!

MoreGone

Jan 21, 2008
Good info.

It is helpful to know that I do not need to worry about the Quick Charge feature of the G2.

Also might be handy to get the dual charger, that would be pretty sweet.

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Feb 8, 2010
I have the Nokia one and it works fine on both devices for me. Definitely a great steal.

Sent from my LG G2

Top Liked Posts