5,606,465 Members 33,353 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Really working tethering for stock Gear?

Tip us?

stephy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Really working tethering for stock Gear?

Please, suggest me a really work app to install on gear and tether with my S4. I tried PdaNet Tablet and EasyTether Tablet but both close. My gear is full stock and unrooted. I can browsing using screenshare, but I'd like to use also others app, i.e., dolphin

tnx

mr pnut
Old
Thanks Meter 339

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephy View Post
Please, suggest me a really work app to install on gear and tether with my S4. I tried PdaNet Tablet and EasyTether Tablet but both close. My gear is full stock and unrooted. I can browsing using screenshare, but I'd like to use also others app, i.e., dolphin

tnx
You can't unless your s4 has a custom rom with bluetooth tethering.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

BruceFeuillette
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that only null_ rom can enable a connection on the Gear ?
As we need to tick a checkbox on it to enable the internet via BT, and this checkbox (functionnality) isn't available on the Gear's stock ROM.

stephy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceFeuillette View Post
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that only null_ rom can enable a connection on the Gear ?
As we need to tick a checkbox on it to enable the internet via BT, and this checkbox (functionnality) isn't available on the Gear's stock ROM.
I can browse using Screenshare (phone) on S4 and Screenshare (tablet) on Gear, but Screenshare interal browser is too small for simply browsing from Gear. I'm pretty sure that we can connect both using other apps...I'm looking for suggestions about what app I could try....

Elgreco333
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Pdanet tablet works on gear using foxfi in my S4, non rooted.

Bluetooth tether does, not because my S4 (fido) has it deactivated....

So I can connect to internet and browse if I want (but why ? it's too small) using pdanet.

Unfortunately you can not use google stuff that require internet connection since they will only work with a native bluetooth tether.

The only reason I would need internet is to use google but since I can't I rarely use pdanet, but it does work if that is what you want.

Only option would be to flash my S4 with another ROM that enables BT but for my needs, I find that too much work. I am good with all I can do with the gear for now.

My 2c...

WRichieX
Old
Thanks Meter 2
OP how do you do screen share? That sounds interesting.