[Q] CM10.2 GPS Lock problems

Tip us?

OctaviusMaximus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Exclamation [Q] CM10.2 GPS Lock problems

Hey guys,
So a couple of weeks ago, I got a One and I unlocked everything and put CM10.2 on it. Yesterday, while needing the navigation to try and get un-lost, I couldn't get my phone to get a GPS lock at all, even while having a clear view of the sky and everything. I am running CM10.2 and CWM 6.0.4.5. I have already tried clearing and redownloading the AGPS data and that didn't help. So I found a comment saying that I should flash back to stock and change the location settings and the preferred network setting to see if that changes anything.

I found the stock ROM .zip on this forum, 1.10.605.10 (4.2.2/5.0) and tried flashing it after checking the MD5. That ended up not working at all, it starts but then fails saying that it can't open the update .zip and also says "(bad)".

Now I am trying to download 2.10.605.1 (4.3/5.0) and I will try that tomorrow.

The reason I posted is to ask 1) if anyone was able to fix the GPS problems without having to flash back to stock and 2) what I needed to do to flash back to stock if that's the only option that I have? I don't want to mess anything up and I am still kind of inexperienced at this.

Thanks!

Cares
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaviusMaximus View Post
Hey guys,
So a couple of weeks ago, I got a One and I unlocked everything and put CM10.2 on it. Yesterday, while needing the navigation to try and get un-lost, I couldn't get my phone to get a GPS lock at all, even while having a clear view of the sky and everything. I am running CM10.2 and CWM 6.0.4.5. I have already tried clearing and redownloading the AGPS data and that didn't help. So I found a comment saying that I should flash back to stock and change the location settings and the preferred network setting to see if that changes anything.

I found the stock ROM .zip on this forum, 1.10.605.10 (4.2.2/5.0) and tried flashing it after checking the MD5. That ended up not working at all, it starts but then fails saying that it can't open the update .zip and also says "(bad)".

Now I am trying to download 2.10.605.1 (4.3/5.0) and I will try that tomorrow.

The reason I posted is to ask 1) if anyone was able to fix the GPS problems without having to flash back to stock and 2) what I needed to do to flash back to stock if that's the only option that I have? I don't want to mess anything up and I am still kind of inexperienced at this.

Thanks!
The only option is to flash back to Stock to fix your GPS issues. You probably need to use a different recovery either from TWRP or Clockwork depending on the one that doesn't work to flash it.