XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Trying to help a friend with their i9000

Tip us?

que3jxp
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Trying to help a friend with their i9000

So I am trying to do a favour for a friend as their i9000m seems to be at the least, soft bricked.

I was able to find out that they had tried to use Odin to flash a rom on it to fix "something". Knowing that a mistake in Odin can make a mess, I bet that is what wrecked things. However, reflashing with the stock Bell Mobility ROM did not work. The following screen is what was happening BEFORE it was given to me to look at it and is still coming up.

Any help would be appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131219_183232.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	2464239   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131216_163337.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	2464240  

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2132
Quote:
Originally Posted by que3jxp View Post
So I am trying to do a favour for a friend as their i9000m seems to be at the least, soft bricked.

I was able to find out that they had tried to use Odin to flash a rom on it to fix "something". Knowing that a mistake in Odin can make a mess, I bet that is what wrecked things. However, reflashing with the stock Bell Mobility ROM did not work. The following screen is what was happening BEFORE it was given to me to look at it and is still coming up.

Any help would be appreciated!
what screen? the picture? or use this i9000M Upgrade or Downgrade GB 2.3.3 UGKG3 ROM + UGKG3 Root & CWM + 512 PIT Ideal base for upgrading to ICS and JB

que3jxp
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Yes indeed the pictures I attached to the post.

Sadly, I tried your files and the PIT and it did not to anything more than with the ones I already had. (PIT not withstanding as I have never fussed with those in the past)

The phone is still doing the same thing after a restart. In my mind, it should have worked as there were no errors in the log from ODIN. I have tried straight factory flash and the CWM rooted Kernel.

I have also tried Heimdall with a rooted CWM Kernel and that does not work either. It says all went well but then nothing

As an owner of one of these i9000m models, this should not be this hard but who knows what the owner actually did to this when he tried to flash with ODIN.

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2132
Quote:
As an owner of one of these i9000m models, this should not be this hard but who knows what the owner actually did to this when he tried to flash with ODIN.
Look here under unbricking and try to flash the pram.lfs

que3jxp
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Well, I tried that and also tried a lot of other things on that page. The closest I got was using the ezbase recovery kit.

After doing that package, I got the attached errors... I assume that that is REALLY bad and that whatever happened to this guy's phone, it is terminal?

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2132
Quote:
Well, I tried that and also tried a lot of other things on that page. The closest I got was using the ezbase recovery kit.

After doing that package, I got the attached errors... I assume that that is REALLY bad and that whatever happened to this guy's phone, it is terminal?
as long as you have download mode, its not terminal, but the problem is your attached images shows nothing but a process still in motion, NO errors are mentioned.

que3jxp
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
whoops... the attachment did not take...

Here it is... I hope
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131220_004938.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	238.1 KB
ID:	2464962  

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2132
Quote:
whoops... the attachment did not take...

Here it is... I hope
according to this 3 of your partitions are not in rfs format for stock ROM's to function , meaning they had been converted to Ext 4, 3 o2 as such stock which use rfs format , cannot use them

1) SD card, data partition and cache partition all need to be formatted back to rfs first..so use the CWM to reformat them back to rfs ..read this guide and others mentioned within to get an idea on how it can be done

que3jxp
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Nope. Nothing.

The worst part is that I can NEVER get into recovery mode. Not once with any of the flashes for anything. Sometimes when trying to get into recovery, the screen is just black. Earlier or if I were to flash back on all of the stock firmware, it will just go to the first screens I attached in the OP.

I am thinking that this is a lost cause as most of the solutions are to use an external SD and that is not something that is going to be pursued as he does not want it that bad...

Let me know if you have any other ideas but otherwise, thanks for the help you have given and Merry Christmas!

Tags
i9000, odin