XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Audio Not as Good with Android 4.4 Rom

Tip us?

galaxyjeff
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default Audio Not as Good with Android 4.4 Rom

My HTC One running stock KitKat doesn't sound as good as it used to when I had the 4.3 rom. I think somehow the audio drivers aren't as good. Is anyone else experiencing this? I hear the old popping sound from the speakers time to time when sound starts up like I used to with 4.1.2. If anyone else has this problem post about it, thank you!
Current Phones and Tab : Galaxy S4, HTC One

Former Phones : Motorola Droid, Samsung Captivate, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5

Yorgan
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyjeff View Post
My HTC One running stock KitKat doesn't sound as good as it used to when I had the 4.3 rom. I think somehow the audio drivers aren't as good. Is anyone else experiencing this? I hear the old popping sound from the speakers time to time when sound starts up like I used to with 4.1.2. If anyone else has this problem post about it, thank you!
I definitely have the same issue, but mainly with notification sounds. Playing media files works well...
~
Riccardo

vn90
Old
Thanks Meter 1
same problem...

Captain_Dawson
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default sllmrc fifty

I had this same problem. My fix was editing the build.prop file.
-Using a file explorer with ability to R/W /system (I use ES File Explorer), navigate to the build.prop file found in /system
-Then find the line that reads lp.decode=true
-Change "true" to "false"
-Save the file then reboot

If I understand correctly, when set to true, it's using a "power saving mode" for audio, which helps battery life, but reduces audio quality.
This did the trick for me, hope it helps you!

Seraphicus
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Dawson View Post
I had this same problem. My fix was editing the build.prop file.
-Using a file explorer with ability to R/W /system (I use ES File Explorer), navigate to the build.prop file found in /system
-Then find the line that reads lp.decode=true
-Change "true" to "false"
-Save the file then reboot

If I understand correctly, when set to true, it's using a "power saving mode" for audio, which helps battery life, but reduces audio quality.
This did the trick for me, hope it helps you!
I came from 4.2.2 and I didn't notice any difference to 4.4.
I assume you mean "lpa.decode=true" ?
This can be found @ 50% in ES editor. I didn't test this. Maybe I will try if more guys can hear any difference, to see for myself. Nice find though, CD =)