Audio Not as Good with Android 4.4 Rom

Search This thread

galaxyjeff

Aug 31, 2010
Akron
My HTC One running stock KitKat doesn't sound as good as it used to when I had the 4.3 rom. I think somehow the audio drivers aren't as good. Is anyone else experiencing this? I hear the old popping sound from the speakers time to time when sound starts up like I used to with 4.1.2. If anyone else has this problem post about it, thank you! :)

Yorgan

Apr 25, 2010
Padova
www.siryorgan.com
My HTC One running stock KitKat doesn't sound as good as it used to when I had the 4.3 rom. I think somehow the audio drivers aren't as good. Is anyone else experiencing this? I hear the old popping sound from the speakers time to time when sound starts up like I used to with 4.1.2. If anyone else has this problem post about it, thank you! :)

I definitely have the same issue, but mainly with notification sounds. Playing media files works well...

Captain_Dawson

Nov 29, 2012
sllmrc fifty

I had this same problem. My fix was editing the build.prop file.
-Using a file explorer with ability to R/W /system (I use ES File Explorer), navigate to the build.prop file found in /system
-Then find the line that reads lp.decode=true
-Change "true" to "false"
-Save the file then reboot

If I understand correctly, when set to true, it's using a "power saving mode" for audio, which helps battery life, but reduces audio quality.
This did the trick for me, hope it helps you!

Seraphicus

Dec 18, 2013
I had this same problem. My fix was editing the build.prop file.
-Using a file explorer with ability to R/W /system (I use ES File Explorer), navigate to the build.prop file found in /system
-Then find the line that reads lp.decode=true
-Change "true" to "false"
-Save the file then reboot

If I understand correctly, when set to true, it's using a "power saving mode" for audio, which helps battery life, but reduces audio quality.
This did the trick for me, hope it helps you!

I came from 4.2.2 and I didn't notice any difference to 4.4.
I assume you mean "lpa.decode=true" ?
This can be found @ 50% in ES editor. I didn't test this. Maybe I will try if more guys can hear any difference, to see for myself. Nice find though, CD =)