[Q] SGH-T989 Appears Dead - Help me zoom in on the problem please asap

Tip us?

fre4evr2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Phone [Q] SGH-T989 Appears Dead - Help me zoom in on the problem please asap

Hi;
I was loading a pic on "Whatsapp" when my T989 screen went blank like it is powered off and the phone never came back. My device is rooted, but runs the OEM Android OS 4.2.1 jelly bean. It has been rooted since 2 years ago and has been running JB for a year with no problems. Could the root be so old that it bricked my device?

1- Tried to re-power, remove the battery, switch the battery, Hard-Reset it , nothing comes on the screen.
2- When I plug it to my computer via usb Cable, it make a noise like it is connecting and search for driver, but Kies does not identify it or connect to it. But again nothing show up in the screen.
3- Called Samsung and confirmed there is no water damage to the device or the battery via the Solid white lables.

Is it bricked or something else, how can I narrow the problem to know fix it?

Thanks

cwyman
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fre4evr2 View Post
Hi;
I was loading a pic on "Whatsapp" when my T989 screen went blank like it is powered off and the phone never came back. My device is rooted, but runs the OEM Android OS 4.2.1 jelly bean. It has been rooted since 2 years ago and has been running JB for a year with no problems. Could the root be so old that it bricked my device?

1- Tried to re-power, remove the battery, switch the battery, Hard-Reset it , nothing comes on the screen.
2- When I plug it to my computer via usb Cable, it make a noise like it is connecting and search for driver, but Kies does not identify it or connect to it. But again nothing show up in the screen.
3- Called Samsung and confirmed there is no water damage to the device or the battery via the Solid white lables.

Is it bricked or something else, how can I narrow the problem to know fix it?

Thanks
Are you able to get the phone into download mode?
Tags
bricked, no power, t989, won't turn on