5,603,729 Members 37,355 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One ATT Unlocked and now bricked?

Tip us?

urbanninja17102
Old
(Last edited by urbanninja17102; 20th December 2013 at 01:44 PM.) Reason: added more info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC One ATT Unlocked and now bricked?

I will try and be a thourough as possible. I could really use soem help.

I bought an HTC One from AT&T in July, in October I dropped AT&T and moved to Walmart Family Mobile T-Mobile. I was told that I needed to unlock the phone so that I could use it on the new network. I did unlock the phone and it worked great! I started to play around with the phone since it was unlocked and rooted and ended up chaning from stock to Google Play Edition. I never made a back up of the Stock (Mistake 1) and so I have just used the Google Play Edition but yesterday, I decided that I wanted to go back to stock for awhile and I followed a bunch of videos on how to unroot and relock your HTC One and thought I was doing a great job.

I relocked it and the device shows it as "Relocked", I then tried to open the RUU for it, but since I use Ubuntu, I could not open it. I looked for a way to open a ".exe" in Linux and found that I could load 'Wine' and it should work.....it did not! I am not sure how I can add the stock RUU now, nor do I know how to unlock it again and start over and I am fearful that it is now a large paperweight! All it does is load into Bootloader! No matter what I do.

So to recap:

HTC One (Bought via AT&T)
Now used on the Walmart Family via T-Mobile
I downloaded the RUU for Cingular (based on what I have read and watched, that is the only file for At&T) "RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_Cingular_US_1.26.502.12_Radio_4A. 14.3250.13_10.33.1150.01_release_318450_signed_2.e xe"
My phone is relocked and it won't get out of the "bootloader" menu and I am pretty sure that once I relocked it, the old OS went away and since I have no other OP, I might have lost a great phone.
Oh and I am using Ubuntu on my laptop

Any help would rock!

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 674

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanninja17102 View Post
I will try and be a thourough as possible. I could really use soem help.

I bought an HTC One from AT&T in July, in October I dropped AT&T and moved to Walmart Family Mobile T-Mobile. I was told that I needed to unlock the phone so that I could use it on the new network. I did unlock the phone and it worked great! I started to play around with the phone since it was unlocked and rooted and ended up chaning from stock to Google Play Edition. I never made a back up of the Stock (Mistake 1) and so I have just used the Google Play Edition but yesterday, I decided that I wanted to go back to stock for awhile and I followed a bunch of videos on how to unroot and relock your HTC One and thought I was doing a great job.

I relocked it and the device shows it as "Relocked", I then tried to open the RUU for it, but since I use Ubuntu, I could not open it. I looked for a way to open a ".exe" in Linux and found that I could load 'Wine' and it should work.....it did not! I am not sure how I can add the stock RUU now, nor do I know how to unlock it again and start over and I am fearful that it is now a large paperweight! All it does is load into Bootloader! No matter what I do.

So to recap:

HTC One (Bought via AT&T)
Now used on the Walmart Family via T-Mobile
I downloaded the RUU for Cingular (based on what I have read and watched, that is the only file for At&T) "RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_Cingular_US_1.26.502.12_Radio_4A. 14.3250.13_10.33.1150.01_release_318450_signed_2.e xe"
My phone is relocked and it won't get out of the "bootloader" menu and I am pretty sure that once I relocked it, the old OS went away and since I have no other OP, I might have lost a great phone.
Oh and I am using Ubuntu on my laptop

Any help would rock!
Use RUU.zip
http://www.htc1guru.com/downloads/ruu-zip-downloads/
HTC One 32 GB AT&T (S-off, Unlocked, Rooted)
Please help keep www.htc1guru.com Alive and Donate