XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Droid Ultra Bootcycle

Tip us?

HeisenbergBr35Ba56
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Droid Ultra Bootcycle

My wife and I decided to switch phones because I had the Ultra and she had the Maxx and I needed the better battery life. I used jcase's first root method on my Ultra and since my wife wouldn't need root I went ahead and unrooted it and to make sure it was unrooted I downloaded a root checker to verify that it was unrooted and verified that it was unrooted. Then I went to factory reset and the phone came back normally with nothing changed. I did this a few more
times with no avail. I then tried the hard reset method way, highlighted restore and pushed the vol up key and the phone came back the same way, no change and no factory reset. Hoping that Verizon could help I called and spoke with tech. support who had me do what I already tried and eventually wanted me to do OTA update. Given that Id already unrooted I figured it would be fine. I accepted the update and am now stuck in a continuous boot cycle. Does anyone know of a fix for this because Verizon can't help me and I don't want them knowing I rooted it previously.

ceelos218
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeisenbergBr35Ba56 View Post
My wife and I decided to switch phones because I had the Ultra and she had the Maxx and I needed the better battery life. I used jcase's first root method on my Ultra and since my wife wouldn't need root I went ahead and unrooted it and to make sure it was unrooted I downloaded a root checker to verify that it was unrooted and verified that it was unrooted. Then I went to factory reset and the phone came back normally with nothing changed. I did this a few more
times with no avail. I then tried the hard reset method way, highlighted restore and pushed the vol up key and the phone came back the same way, no change and no factory reset. Hoping that Verizon could help I called and spoke with tech. support who had me do what I already tried and eventually wanted me to do OTA update. Given that Id already unrooted I figured it would be fine. I accepted the update and am now stuck in a continuous boot cycle. Does anyone know of a fix for this because Verizon can't help me and I don't want them knowing I rooted it previously.
should have done HouseofMoto to revert back to original firmware. you will need the FXZ file and RSD Lite

r00st3r9109
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I am on the soak test forum and we have concluded that being Rooted is not part of why this upgrade failed. There is a way to fix this issue. Use fastboot to fastboot wipe cache
Fastboot wipe userdata

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app