5,594,386 Members 34,767 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Q) can some help with this!!!!

Tip us?
 
Ljdd
Old
#1  
Ljdd's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 228
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default (Q) can some help with this!!!!

Okay, Heres the thing. I was on TW Stock 4.3 Debloated Odex v1.0. I wanted to try something different plus the TW was getting old, so I wanted to go to a CM based ROM. I tried to flash Liquids ROM and it didnt go through. Ive tried Task's ROM and that didnt work. I want to try and flash the bootloaders but Im scared to brick my phone can someone give me some advice?
 
jimchee
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 130
Join Date: Mar 2010
I personally have tried everything I know to flash something other than TW on my phone since I got it, with no luck finding anything that will flash and it never made any difference when I was on 4.1.1 or now that I am on 4.3, I really like my SIII but the lack of freedom enforced by Samsung and the carriers has turned me totally against Samsung, my next phone will be a Nexus 5, I am even having trouble with the TW roms I make with now with Android Kitchen, maybe someone else will be able to explain and why nothing, I can find that's being developed for I747M, in the 8 months I had this phone have not been able to find 1 working rom that will flash on the I747M, I am not in Canada though I am in Mexico

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
 
Ljdd
Old
#3  
Ljdd's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 228
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimchee View Post
I personally have tried everything I know to flash something other than TW on my phone since I got it, with no luck finding anything that will flash and it never made any difference when I was on 4.1.1 or now that I am on 4.3, I really like my SIII but the lack of freedom enforced by Samsung and the carriers has turned me totally against Samsung, my next phone will be a Nexus 5, I am even having trouble with the TW roms I make with now with Android Kitchen, maybe someone else will be able to explain and why nothing, I can find that's being developed for I747M, in the 8 months I had this phone have not been able to find 1 working rom that will flash on the I747M, I am not in Canada though I am in Mexico

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
My thing is, I flash a ROM containing 4.3 cause my phone has TWRP installed. I want to ODIN the bootloaders and see if I want can flash CM ROMs but I dont know if Ill brick my phone. which I hope I dont, Im not going to try it. I guess Im stuck on 4.3 till I figure out something
 
polobunny
Old
#4  
polobunny's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2118
Posts: 5,452
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljdd View Post
Okay, Heres the thing. I was on TW Stock 4.3 Debloated Odex v1.0. I wanted to try something different plus the TW was getting old, so I wanted to go to a CM based ROM. I tried to flash Liquids ROM and it didnt go through. Ive tried Task's ROM and that didnt work. I want to try and flash the bootloaders but Im scared to brick my phone can someone give me some advice?
"It didn't go through" is not giving us much information. You probably got an error, write it down.
Please press THANKS if someone helps you!

My current configuration:
 

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747M
ROM: cm-11-20140413-NIGHTLY-d2lte
Kernel: Stock
Baseband: I747MVLUEMF1
Bootloader: I747MVLDMF1
Governor: Interactive


Older device: Nexus S i9020A
 
Ljdd
Old
#5  
Ljdd's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 228
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by polobunny View Post
"It didn't go through" is not giving us much information. You probably got an error, write it down.
It didnt flash. I tried multiple times, but when I did Task's ROM, it kept saying bootloaders.
 
polobunny
Old
#6  
polobunny's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2118
Posts: 5,452
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljdd View Post
It didnt flash. I tried multiple times, but when I did Task's ROM, it kept saying bootloaders.
What bootloader do you have?
Please press THANKS if someone helps you!

My current configuration:
 

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747M
ROM: cm-11-20140413-NIGHTLY-d2lte
Kernel: Stock
Baseband: I747MVLUEMF1
Bootloader: I747MVLDMF1
Governor: Interactive


Older device: Nexus S i9020A
 
rumrnr62
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jun 2013
If I am not mistaken you have to update the bootloader to do it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to rumrnr62 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Cooro
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 15
Join Date: Dec 2013
I assume you have the canadian samsung s3 i747m.
I had this problem as well but I managed to do some digging and fix the problem. The problem was that the developers forgot to add I747MVLUEMK5 as a bootloader in the "updater-script". The updater script is responsible to make sure you don't flash the wrong rom with the wrong samsung model. Since i747mvluemk5 was not added, the phone failed the inspection. To solve this, add the bootloader "I747MVLUEMK5" into the d2att cyanogenmod zip file. Basically, this is what you do:

1) Download the d2att stable 10.2 cyanogenmod
2) unzip the d2att stable 10.2 cyanogenmod
3)And then open META-INF>com>google>android>updater-script
4)Once you found updater-script, open it with notepad
5)Then you must add this bootloader script since it is missing: || getprop("ro.bootloader") == "I747MVLUEMK5"
6)Obviously, don't just copy exactly like mine, but make sure I747MVLUEMK5 is there. Not sure, but i think you can delete one of the bootloaders such as I747MUMBLL1 and replace it with I747MVLUEMK5 instead.
7)after you made your change of the updater-script, rezip the files and flash it.
 
Ljdd
Old
#9  
Ljdd's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 228
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by polobunny View Post
What bootloader do you have?
I remember one of the 4.3 Roms needed to flash the boot loader, kernel and the Rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
 
rumrnr62
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 11
Join Date: Jun 2013
I went to custom 4.4 ROM and never did the ota so I'm not really sure. Dig through the forums you'll find the solution.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...