XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Q) can some help with this!!!!

Tip us?

Ljdd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Default (Q) can some help with this!!!!

Okay, Heres the thing. I was on TW Stock 4.3 Debloated Odex v1.0. I wanted to try something different plus the TW was getting old, so I wanted to go to a CM based ROM. I tried to flash Liquids ROM and it didnt go through. Ive tried Task's ROM and that didnt work. I want to try and flash the bootloaders but Im scared to brick my phone can someone give me some advice?

jimchee
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I personally have tried everything I know to flash something other than TW on my phone since I got it, with no luck finding anything that will flash and it never made any difference when I was on 4.1.1 or now that I am on 4.3, I really like my SIII but the lack of freedom enforced by Samsung and the carriers has turned me totally against Samsung, my next phone will be a Nexus 5, I am even having trouble with the TW roms I make with now with Android Kitchen, maybe someone else will be able to explain and why nothing, I can find that's being developed for I747M, in the 8 months I had this phone have not been able to find 1 working rom that will flash on the I747M, I am not in Canada though I am in Mexico

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Ljdd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimchee View Post
I personally have tried everything I know to flash something other than TW on my phone since I got it, with no luck finding anything that will flash and it never made any difference when I was on 4.1.1 or now that I am on 4.3, I really like my SIII but the lack of freedom enforced by Samsung and the carriers has turned me totally against Samsung, my next phone will be a Nexus 5, I am even having trouble with the TW roms I make with now with Android Kitchen, maybe someone else will be able to explain and why nothing, I can find that's being developed for I747M, in the 8 months I had this phone have not been able to find 1 working rom that will flash on the I747M, I am not in Canada though I am in Mexico

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
My thing is, I flash a ROM containing 4.3 cause my phone has TWRP installed. I want to ODIN the bootloaders and see if I want can flash CM ROMs but I dont know if Ill brick my phone. which I hope I dont, Im not going to try it. I guess Im stuck on 4.3 till I figure out something

polobunny
Old
Thanks Meter 2118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljdd View Post
Okay, Heres the thing. I was on TW Stock 4.3 Debloated Odex v1.0. I wanted to try something different plus the TW was getting old, so I wanted to go to a CM based ROM. I tried to flash Liquids ROM and it didnt go through. Ive tried Task's ROM and that didnt work. I want to try and flash the bootloaders but Im scared to brick my phone can someone give me some advice?
"It didn't go through" is not giving us much information. You probably got an error, write it down.
Please press THANKS if someone helps you!

My current configuration:

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747M
ROM: cm-11-20140413-NIGHTLY-d2lte
Kernel: Stock
Baseband: I747MVLUEMF1
Bootloader: I747MVLDMF1
Governor: Interactive

Older device: Nexus S i9020A

Ljdd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by polobunny View Post
"It didn't go through" is not giving us much information. You probably got an error, write it down.
It didnt flash. I tried multiple times, but when I did Task's ROM, it kept saying bootloaders.

polobunny
Old
Thanks Meter 2118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljdd View Post
It didnt flash. I tried multiple times, but when I did Task's ROM, it kept saying bootloaders.
What bootloader do you have?
Please press THANKS if someone helps you!

My current configuration:

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747M
ROM: cm-11-20140413-NIGHTLY-d2lte
Kernel: Stock
Baseband: I747MVLUEMF1
Bootloader: I747MVLDMF1
Governor: Interactive

Older device: Nexus S i9020A

rumrnr62
Old
Thanks Meter 2
If I am not mistaken you have to update the bootloader to do it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to rumrnr62 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cooro
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I assume you have the canadian samsung s3 i747m.
I had this problem as well but I managed to do some digging and fix the problem. The problem was that the developers forgot to add I747MVLUEMK5 as a bootloader in the "updater-script". The updater script is responsible to make sure you don't flash the wrong rom with the wrong samsung model. Since i747mvluemk5 was not added, the phone failed the inspection. To solve this, add the bootloader "I747MVLUEMK5" into the d2att cyanogenmod zip file. Basically, this is what you do:

1) Download the d2att stable 10.2 cyanogenmod
2) unzip the d2att stable 10.2 cyanogenmod
3)And then open META-INF>com>google>android>updater-script
4)Once you found updater-script, open it with notepad
5)Then you must add this bootloader script since it is missing: || getprop("ro.bootloader") == "I747MVLUEMK5"
6)Obviously, don't just copy exactly like mine, but make sure I747MVLUEMK5 is there. Not sure, but i think you can delete one of the bootloaders such as I747MUMBLL1 and replace it with I747MVLUEMK5 instead.
7)after you made your change of the updater-script, rezip the files and flash it.

Ljdd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by polobunny View Post
What bootloader do you have?
I remember one of the 4.3 Roms needed to flash the boot loader, kernel and the Rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

rumrnr62
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I went to custom 4.4 ROM and never did the ota so I'm not really sure. Dig through the forums you'll find the solution.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app