XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery Drain

Tip us?

dbornack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Default Battery Drain

Anyone else having extreme battery drain issues?

Just started out of nowhere. I woke up, checked my phone as usual.. it was cool when I picked it up, but after 5 minutes on it, it started getting hot.

Battery is draining 20-30 in 15 minutes.. I've wiped the phone and installed a fresh ROM, both AOSP, and Sense-based. If I take it off the charger it will drain and die. I've had this happen to a previous HTC One.

Does anyone have any ideas?

It doesn't make much sense to me.. if I wipe the phone, and all it has is a bootloader and recovery, what could the problem be? I wipe the phone and turn it off, and it still gets hotter and hotter. I'm barely keeping it alive on the charger.. I can manage flashing a ROM, et.c. but if I leave anywhere with my phone and use it.. it will be dead in an hour I feel. Then it will be a brick.

Anyone?

I've tried the PWR Volume +/- too..

Seraphicus
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbornack View Post
Anyone else having extreme battery drain issues?

Just started out of nowhere. I woke up, checked my phone as usual.. it was cool when I picked it up, but after 5 minutes on it, it started getting hot.

Battery is draining 20-30 in 15 minutes.. I've wiped the phone and installed a fresh ROM, both AOSP, and Sense-based. If I take it off the charger it will drain and die. I've had this happen to a previous HTC One.

Does anyone have any ideas?

It doesn't make much sense to me.. if I wipe the phone, and all it has is a bootloader and recovery, what could the problem be? I wipe the phone and turn it off, and it still gets hotter and hotter. I'm barely keeping it alive on the charger.. I can manage flashing a ROM, et.c. but if I leave anywhere with my phone and use it.. it will be dead in an hour I feel. Then it will be a brick.

Anyone?

I've tried the PWR Volume +/- too..
Batterycell problem, assuming you've always used the original charger that came with the phone?
Anyways it sounds like a warranty issue. I would return the software to stock and deliver it back saying it's always been like this. You should get a new.
Whatever you do, turn it off at night. Assuming the cells are unstable, it may actually overheat and explode. I wouldn't want to be asleep at that time if I were you...

dbornack
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphicus View Post
Batterycell problem, assuming you've always used the original charger that came with the phone?
Anyways it sounds like a warranty issue. I would return the software to stock and deliver it back saying it's always been like this. You should get a new.
Whatever you do, turn it off at night. Assuming the cells are unstable, it may actually overheat and explode. I wouldn't want to be asleep at that time if I were you...
Ugh.. this is already my 4th One in 3 months. Tired of this problem.

I'm probably going to request a different model of phone. Too many problems here.

Thanks...

Seraphicus
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Feel for you bro... I've fortunately never had any problems with mine, nor have my friends with their One's.

kewkie
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
Well, sounds pretty bad, sorry for you

But i would sent it back (again) and make some pressure and tell them you want a fully functionally phone already! I dont know what i would do, i'm fine with mine ('knocking on the table*) but if had such issues and already had THREE phones because of issues i would go enrage lol.

Have had issues with a new laptop the first one had heating problems with graphic processor, so i sent it back, made some pressure and got a new one which is fine now

What i will say, always make a little pressure and don't say "okay" to everything you will get